Sports Ticker

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Test

    testing
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

  • #2
    What are we testing? If it is a picture, I can't see it.
    Aspirational...

    Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
      What are we testing? If it is a picture, I can't see it.
      That's the whole problem, Spirit. On 12/11/21, my wife took three pics at dawn with her phone. I thought people might find them interesting and even have questions about them. I put them on the General Discussion Form and, at first, I could see all three. Others (surveyor) could see one while others couldn't see any of them. Then I couldn't see them either. I've been trying to get them on there to stay but haven't had any luck so far.
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

        That's the whole problem, Spirit. On 12/11/21, my wife took three pics at dawn with her phone. I thought people might find them interesting and even have questions about them. I put them on the General Discussion Form and, at first, I could see all three. Others (surveyor) could see one while others couldn't see any of them. Then I couldn't see them either. I've been trying to get them on there to stay but haven't had any luck so far.
        Can you put them on something like google photo and then use the link feature? I think I have had problems uploading pics before, that's why I don't do it much.
        Aspirational...

        Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
        He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
        Originally posted by Charlie Munger
        I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

          Can you put them on something like google photo and then use the link feature? I think I have had problems uploading pics before, that's why I don't do it much.
          It's worth a try. I've uploaded lots of pics before (such as the fb players on the Countdown Thread) w/o any problem. Like I said she took these using her phone and them emailed them to me. I opened the email and right clicked on the pic and clicked on "Copy Image" as I do with all pics. Then I came here and did "Paste". I'm wondering if it has something to do with the pics being taken with a phone or, perhaps, because I'm trying to "Copy" and "Paste" from an email?
          "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

          Comment


          • #6
            I just went into the Pic thread and I can see all three of them now. The next time I may not be able to.
            "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

            Comment


            • #7
              Sounds like a forum loading issue! We are on a cloud service for the last few years and honestly it hasn't been up to snuff but to switch would be very costly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sean View Post
                Sounds like a forum loading issue! We are on a cloud service for the last few years and honestly it hasn't been up to snuff but to switch would be very costly.
                Thanks, Sean.
                "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sean View Post
                  Sounds like a forum loading issue! We are on a cloud service for the last few years and honestly it hasn't been up to snuff but to switch would be very costly.
                  I'm just brainstorming as I don't know all that much about computers. If it was a forum issue wouldn't it affect all pics? I posted literally dozens on the fb Countdown thread w/o any problems whatsoever.
                  "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Are you sharing them from your home pc directly to this site?
                    Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

                    Clint Eastwood

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by surveyor View Post
                      Are you sharing them from your home pc directly to this site?
                      Yes. She emailed them to my email add. and I just right clicked on each pic and clicked on copy image as I do with all pics I post on here. Then I came here and clicked on paste and I've been able to see them at various times and not at others.
                      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Try using the camera icon on the post , you can select to upload an attachment.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                          Try using the camera icon on the post , you can select to upload an attachment.
                          How does that work, exactly?
                          "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If it is saved to your computer, then you can:
                            1. Click the camera icon.
                            2. From the bottom of the post (under the smiley faces) click upload, and then select the file from your computer.

                            Or

                            1. Click the icon that looks like a photo titled "image", to the left of the insert video icon.
                            2. If you are wanting to reference a photo on a different site then simply past the address into "URL" which is shown on that first part / tab called "image info".
                            3. If you need to upload from your computer, then click on the tab next to it and then "select image". When you have selected the image, then you have to click ok. Give it a second or two, then click "send it to server". This might take a few seconds.
                            4. Once it is sent to the server, you should be directed back to "image info" and I think clicking OK will then post it.

                            ----

                            It can be sort of annoying and you will likely have to play with the settings a bit. For example a while back I put two photos from RRG up and they were upside down. Still couldn't figure out how to rotate them. They came from my iPhone.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I give up. It must have something to do with them being in my email. To paraphrase the Beatles "Let It Be".
                              "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

                              Comment

                               

                              A Word From Our Founder

                              With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                              Test

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X