Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surveyor
    Administrator
    • Oct 2014

Hank, Jr. - Pre-face plant and still playin' what his momma wanted him to play.

Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

• jpay
      • Oct 2014

Comment

• Old School
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2014

The Birds. Not the Byrds, the Birds. Ron Wood's old band.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• jpay
          • Oct 2014

Comment

• matt colvin
            Administrator
            • Oct 2014

"Lonesome, On'ry, and Mean" Waylon

Comment

• Matt Dillon
              Super Moderator
              • Oct 2014

"Further On" - Bronze Radio Return
              Walk a mile in my shoes, Walk a mile in my shoes, Hey, before you abuse
              Criticize and accuse, Walk a mile in my shoes - Lyrics from the song "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" by Joe South

​

Comment

• Matt Dillon
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2014

"Champagne" - Clairy Brown And The Bangin' Rackettes
                Criticize and accuse, Walk a mile in my shoes - Lyrics from the song "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" by Joe South

​

Comment

• Matt Dillon
                  Super Moderator
                  • Oct 2014

"Hotel California" - The Eagles

​

Comment

• Matt Dillon
                    Super Moderator
                    • Oct 2014

"Who'll Stop The Rain" - CCR

​

Comment

• Matt Dillon
                      Super Moderator
                      • Oct 2014

"Last Train To Clarksville" - The Monkees

​

Comment

• Matt Dillon
                        Super Moderator
                        • Oct 2014

"Peaceful Easy Feeling" - The Eagles

​

Comment

• surveyor
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 2014

Caught a rerun of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" last night. Excellent soundtrack.

Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

• jpay
                            • Oct 2014

Comment

• Old School
                              Super Moderator
                              • Oct 2014

I love Green Onions (above) and Booker T. and the MGs.

Originally posted by Matt Dillon
                              "Last Train To Clarksville" - The Monkees
                              Great song. Maybe this isn't the thread for this, but...I think it's a travesty that The Monkees (among others: Yes, etc.) are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, especially considering some of the people who are in it.

They should rename it Museum Exclusively Devoted to Performers Jann Wenner Likes, or something like that.

Nominees this year include Chic, Kraftwerk, NWA, Bill Withers...but not The Monkees, Yes, the J. Geils Band, The Cars, Boston, Chicago, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, Stevie Ray Vaughn, T. Rex, Chubby Checker, Deep Purple, The Steve Miller Band, Emerson Lake and Palmer, The Zombies, Duran Duran, Peter Frampton, Iron Maiden, Steppenwolf... I wouldn't vote for all of those, and some of those acts I don't like at all, but regardless of what criteria you use, some of those bands belong ahead of others nominated or already in. Lasting impact, longevity over time, prodigious output: Chicago, Yes. Record sales? The Monkees, Electric Light Orchestra, Peter Frampton. Heavy influence on later acts? Deep Purple, Iron Maiden. Dominated a time period? Duran Duran, Emerson Lake and Palmer, ELO, Peter Frampton. Heck, I think Weird Al Yankovic probably belongs in there ahead of NWA or Chic or Kraftwerk. I'd probably take Devo over them.

Anyway...

Here's one I really like: an alternate mix of Citadel, the second track on the Rolling Stones' psychedelic album, and maybe the best cut on it other than 2000 Light Years From Home. This mix features more strongly Brian Jones' piano playing, which is way down in the mix on the album version; it also lacks lyrics.

Recorded 2nd - 22nd July, 1967 : Olympic Sound Studios.Producer: The Rolling Stones. Sound engineer: Glyn Johns. Second engineer: Eddie Kramer. Electric Guit...

To this day I think 2KLYFH is the only track from that album that the Stones ever performed live, except for She's a Rainbow being played a little in the 1990s, but I think Citadel would be a great one to throw into a concert. I also think it would be funny to see how Mick and Keith would react if Letterman or someone asked them to perform Gomper or one of the other really weird tracks from that record.

Comment

• Vinnie
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Blue Cincy
                                Believe it or not, Dean Martin.
                                I like Dean Martin too as well as Sinatra and Perry Como. I liked Tony Bennett as well and he is still performing. I wonder how old he really is? My guess would be in his late 80's.

Comment

• surveyor
                                  surveyor commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Bennett is 88. Huge fan of the Rat Pack, Frank and just generally Vegas in the 60's. Last year Bennett's "Live at the Sahara: Las Vegas 1964" was re-released, as well as all of Bennett's Columbia catalogue digitally released.

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

If You Are Listening to Music...

Collapse
                              Working...