Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain Ol' Bucket List

What's on yours?

I want my scuba certification, to sky dive, catch a marlin, Goliath grouper, and to see Metallica.

I want to finish writing my novel, hunt a big horn sheep, hike the AT, build a motorcycle, climb Mount Rainier, see Yo-Yo Ma and Radiohead (separately), fly a bush plane into the Alaskan wilderness, and learn woodworking. I know there's more that won't come to me at the moment, but that's a good start.
    Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 02-18-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Catch a 10 lb bass
      Travel to Ireland
      Grand Canyon
      Yosemite
      Yellowstone
      Follow the Cats on an epic March run
      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

I've fished the Colorado River in the mountains, but I've always wanted to fly fish for salmon.

Comment

Yosemite is incredible. I'll say, though, for those of you interested in national parks, you should really consider taking a trip to Glacier. It's somehow lesser known than the typical big names, but it's spectacular. If you're looking for an untamed experience, look no further than Glacier. While you're there it's a weird day when you don't see some kind of amazing wildlife.

Comment

Play the courses at Wood Lake (Tazewell, Tn.) and Harbor Town (Hilton Head Island).
            Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Comment

I want to see all my favorite bands from the 70's in concert...Off my list already are.....Kansas....Foreigner..Boston..Fleetwood Mac and I am seeing Journey in June

And go to Frankfurt Germany to see where I was born

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                Play the courses at Wood Lake (Tazewell, Tn.) and Harbor Town (Hilton Head Island).
                Woodlake is a nice course. First time I played there I hit my first birdie (chip-in on hole #1).

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Woodlake is a nice course. First time I played there I hit my first birdie (chip-in on hole #1).
                  I've played every course in Central and SE Ky. and NE Tn. that I want to play except Wood Lake. It's probably nearly an all day trip, and even though me and my buddies are all retired we still have things that keep us from spending an entire day away from home.

Comment

Travel abroad:
                    Italy
                    Spain
                    Ireland
                    Germany
                    Australia

Travel - US:
                    Hawaii
                    Arizona - Grand Canyon, Tombstone, Sedona
                    Montana - the front range
                    Seattle
                    Oregon and Northern Cali forests
                    Maine
                    UP Michigan
                    Alaska

Hiking:
                    Grand Canyon
                    Zion National Park, Utah
                    AT
                    Jackson Hole
                    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Until things settle down, will stay mostly in the US of A.

-Dakotas
                      -Maine
                      -Go back to Yellowstone and Grand Canyon.
                      -Somewhere in the Caribbean
                      -Seattle and Nova Scotia
                      -Back to Hawaii

My son moved to Ft Collins Co. last summer. Will get lots of hiking done when we visit.

Comment

Hike:
                        -The AT
                        -Half Dome at Yosemite
                        -the Swiss Alps

Travel:
                        -Montana
                        -Northern California
                        -Pacific Northwest and Alaska
                        -Europe (all of it)
                        -North Korea (dead serious)

Other experiences:
                        -Golf Harbor Town, Augusta, Whistling Straits, St. Andrews, and Pebble Beach
                        -Learn to SCUBA

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                          -Golf Harbor Town, Augusta, Whistling Straits, St. Andrews, and Pebble Beach
                          -Learn to SCUBA
                          One of my golf buddies is a 6 handicap and played Pebble Beach years ago. Maybe if my handicap was single digits I'd consider it, but it's hard to justify $300+ for a round of golf when there's a plethora of other things to spend it on with the wife.
                          I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

One of my golf buddies is a 6 handicap and played Pebble Beach years ago. Maybe if my handicap was single digits I'd consider it, but it's hard to justify $300+ for a round of golf when there's a plethora of other things to spend it on with the wife.
                            Shoot, only $300? Last time I looked at green fees it was $500 at a minimum.

I wouldn't pay it, though. I'd only be interested in playing if for free or being comped or something like that.

Comment

The last time I checked on the course at Harbor Town, it was $300.00 for the morning and $250.00 in the afternoon. It may be more now.

Comment

Plain Ol' Bucket List

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X