Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez hangs himself in his prison cell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez hangs himself in his prison cell

BOSTON (AP) -- Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez hanged himself Wednesday in the prison cell where he was serving a life sentence for murder, taking his life on the same day his ex-teammates on the New England Patriots were set to visit the White House to mark their Super Bowl victory.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...S3v?li=BBnb7Kz
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Unfortunate end to a very talented young man. (and murderer)
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

It's a shame anytime a person lets their life get off track, and with a person who, at one time, had so much to live for.

Comment

Always sorry to hear about suicide anytime no matter who it is.
        John 3:3

Comment

this is very sad indeed......he was only 27 years old just way too young

feel bad for his family
          Last edited by TrueblueCATfan; 04-21-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Aaron Hernandez was a piece of crap, but suicide was the easy way out. Should've faced his punishment like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
              Aaron Hernandez was a piece of crap, but suicide was the easy way out. Should've faced his punishment like a man.
              I've known two people, quite well, that took their own lives. I'm not sure I'd say that's taking the easy way out.

Comment

At least tax payers won't be paying for his room and board for the next 50 years.
                Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

If he was older than 27 - say, 50, 60, it wouldn't have been so sad.
                  I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I've known two people, quite well, that took their own lives. I'm not sure I'd say that's taking the easy way out.
                    Did they commit multiple murders and kill themselves while serving a life sentence?

Comment

I think he provided the punishment that I would have preferred for his crime. It would seem that killing was his main solution to problems he encountered in life.
                      Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

I think he provided the punishment that I would have preferred for his crime. It would seem that killing was his main solution to problems he encountered in life.
                        Yeah, but this was essentially a middle finger to Odin Lloyd's family. He went out on his own terms and in control of things - something not afforded to his victim.

Comment

Probably the best possible outcome for everyone.

Comment

Sad.
                            John 3:3

Comment

Not saying this is happening in this particular discussion, but I think we too often attribute deplorable behavior to upbringing, mental illness, etc., as a means of coping with or softening the reality of the situation. While those things are often underlying reasons for heinous actions, sometimes we just need to admit that there are bad people in the world, and that society would be better off without them.

Until proven otherwise, I'll continue to believe that Hernandez falls into the latter category. He'll get no sympathy from me.

Comment

Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez hangs himself in his prison cell

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X