Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Get One Frivolous Thing Free of Charge for Life, What Would It Be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If You Could Get One Frivolous Thing Free of Charge for Life, What Would It Be?

    This isn't about groceries, house or car payments, utilities (internet included), health insurance, or anything like that. If you could choose one thing, and one thing only, that you could acquire, consume, accumulate, etc. free of charge for the rest of your life, what would it be?

    I think I'd have to go with books. This'll sound boring to some, but I spend an absurd amount of time fantasizing about walking into a bookstore with a blank check from an unlimited account. The thought of buying a new book any time I want thrills me to no end.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
    This isn't about groceries, house or car payments, utilities (internet included), health insurance, or anything like that. If you could choose one thing, and one thing only, that you could acquire, consume, accumulate, etc. free of charge for the rest of your life, what would it be?

    I think I'd have to go with books. This'll sound boring to some, but I spend an absurd amount of time fantasizing about walking into a bookstore with a blank check from an unlimited account. The thought of buying a new book any time I want thrills me to no end.
    9 millimeter ammo. 20,000 rounds per year please.
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

      9 millimeter ammo. 20,000 rounds per year please.
      Ammunition crossed my mind. I knew it'd be at least one person's choice. It's a good one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

        Ammunition crossed my mind. I knew it'd be at least one person's choice. It's a good one.
        It is an absurd luxury expense of mine that I simultaneously seek to minimize (the expense) and expand (the amount of the commodity). 20K is what I want to and could conceivably shoot if I could afford to.
        Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

        Comment


        • #5
          New golf clubs anytime I wanted them.
          Say what you mean and mean what you say.

          Comment


          • #6
            If I am alive when the revolution happens, my Family and I are taking refuge at Spirit's place

            I am going to choose ammo as well. All the 40 sw and 5.56/.223 I could handle.
            Isaiah 5:20

            Comment


            • #7
              Cooooool idea for a thread!

              One frivolous item at any "rate" or amount that I choose over which any duration imaginable?

              I love to shoot guns, truly do. But at the moment I would have to go with parts needed to "immortalize" a C7 . Or a just new one any time I wish.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                Cooooool idea for a thread!

                One frivolous item at any "rate" or amount that I choose over which any duration imaginable?

                I love to shoot guns, truly do. But at the moment I would have to go with parts needed to "immortalize" a C7 . Or a just new one any time I wish.
                Land Cruiser parts/restoration materials would be high on my list.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                  If I am alive when the revolution happens, my Family and I are taking refuge at Spirit's place

                  I am going to choose ammo as well. All the 40 sw and 5.56/.223 I could handle.
                  Ha! I didn't know multiple calibers were an option.
                  Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    House cleaning service

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Water
                      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                        This isn't about groceries, house or car payments, utilities (internet included), health insurance, or anything like that. If you could choose one thing, and one thing only, that you could acquire, consume, accumulate, etc. free of charge for the rest of your life, what would it be?

                        I think I'd have to go with books. This'll sound boring to some, but I spend an absurd amount of time fantasizing about walking into a bookstore with a blank check from an unlimited account. The thought of buying a new book any time I want thrills me to no end.
                        Books ain't as boring as it sounds. I constantly challenge myself to go outside of my comfort zone IRT books, but they can be expensive lol. But all said and done, I'd have to say a new Corvette every year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would love to be able to walk into a bookstore not named Half Priced Books with a blank check lol.
                          Last edited by uglyduckling; 05-26-2017, 06:29 PM.

                          Comment

                          If You Could Get One Frivolous Thing Free of Charge for Life, What Would It Be?

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X