Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Weather Channel video of Implosion Ruined ...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Channel video of Implosion Ruined ...........

https://weather.com/news/trending/vi...ocked-by-bus-0
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

I saw this yesterday and am still laughing about it.

This joke only makes sense if you know Ludacris and his 'connection' to the Georgia Dome...

Move, bus, get out the way. get out the way bus get out the way.
    When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Sports Illustrated already has a meme..................

https://www.facebook.com/SportsIllus...5028105301367/
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Well, the camera man blew it by not being at the guard rail. Then that bus couldn't have mattered.

That dome had some good UK basketball history behind it. Lots of good games played there and the best one was that 1995 SEC final against Arkansas. What a waste! Atlanta has now gotten rid of two stadiums that hadn't been around all that long. Their taxpayers must love this.
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
          Well, the camera man blew it by not being at the guard rail. Then that bus couldn't have mattered.

That dome had some good UK basketball history behind it. Lots of good games played there and the best one was that 1995 SEC final against Arkansas. What a waste! Atlanta has now gotten rid of two stadiums that hadn't been around all that long. Their taxpayers must love this.
          Here in Cincinnati the taxpayers have built two stadiums and are debating a third for a potential MLS soccer bid.
          When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

Here in Cincinnati the taxpayers have built two stadiums and are debating a third for a potential MLS soccer bid.
            Been following that since Louisville FC is competing for the MSL bid, too. Louisville's is structured differently in that Louisville is bonding the property, but the owners of the team are responsible for covering the bond as well as building the stadium - and it's expandable to 20k.

It's a travesty that the Georgia Dome was demolished after only 25 years. It was sad seeing Texas Stadium in Irving imploded, after 37 years of service.

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

Been following that since Louisville FC is competing for the MSL bid, too. Louisville's is structured differently in that Louisville is bonding the property, but the owners of the team are responsible for covering the bond as well as building the stadium - and it's expandable to 20k.

It's a travesty that the Georgia Dome was demolished after only 25 years. It was sad seeing Texas Stadium in Irving imploded, after 37 years of service.
              The Cincinnati owners are covering the stadium construction but want the City/Hamilton County to cover the infrastructure costs of roughly $75 million. Cincinnati's would be around 21,000 which is apparently the minimum for MLS. A dedicated stadium is a requirement for MLS.

It's a travesty that the useful life of these stadiums is only 25-30 years. In 10 years, Paul Brown stadium will be 26 years old when the Bengals lease on the place will be up. Will be interesting to see if the county will be on the hook for upgrades or a new one and will dangle the prospect of leaving over the city's head.

If the city/county must partner in the construction of these stadiums, Cincinnati's system where the city covers the infrastructure seems to be the least offensive.

Comment

Funny stuff.
                John 3:3

Comment

That really made me laugh.
                  Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                    I saw this yesterday and am still laughing about it.

This joke only makes sense if you know Ludacris and his 'connection' to the Georgia Dome...

Move, bus, get out the way. get out the way bus get out the way.
                    I think that was the music video where he's smacking people around with his big hand.
                    Isaiah 5:20

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Weather Channel video of Implosion Ruined ...........

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X