Jerry Van Dyke dies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Van Dyke dies

Just read a few moments ago Jerry Van Dyke passed away an Friday at the age of 86.

Younger brother of Dick Van Dyke. I just saw a run of "McClintock" a few nights ago where Jerry played the eastern college kid.
    I remember hi appearance of Rob Petries sleep walking brother in the Dick Van Dyke show
    His run as Luther on Coach was fantastic.
    I had actually forgotten he was the human star of "My Mother the Car".
    Reports are he and his wife were in a car accident two years ago and his health had been declining since. His brother Dick had visited him during the holidays.
    Lotta good laughs for me thanks to this guy.

RIP Jerry....he was so funny.....Just recently he played Patricia Heaton's dad in the sitcom The Middle

Comment

My favorite memories of him were the Dick Van Dyke show and Coach. Essentially played the same guy, but he was superb at what he did.
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Jerry Van Dyke turned down some great opportunities too. He was offered the role of Gilligan and turned it down for a part on My Mother the Car. Also turned down Andy Griffith when he was looking for a replacement for Don Knotts. I also read he was turned down for the role of George Utley on Newhart. Talk about some missed chances of being as big a star as his brother. I just always thought of him as the lesser talented of the Van Dyke brothers. Although he had good talent for comedy roles. RIP Jerry Van Dyke

On a side note you have wonder how Dick Van Dyke is taking all of this. In the last year he has seen two he worked with closely die, MTM and Rose Marie and now his brother. That has to hit hard.
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

A curse of the blessing of a long life.

Comment

LOVED him in Coach.
            No man is a failure who has friends

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
              Jerry Van Dyke turned down some great opportunities too. He was offered the role of Gilligan and turned it down for a part on My Mother the Car. Also turned down Andy Griffith when he was looking for a replacement for Don Knotts. I also read he was turned down for the role of George Utley on Newhart. Talk about some missed chances of being as big a star as his brother. I just always thought of him as the lesser talented of the Van Dyke brothers. Although he had good talent for comedy roles. RIP Jerry Van Dyke

On a side note you have wonder how Dick Van Dyke is taking all of this. In the last year he has seen two he worked with closely die, MTM and Rose Marie and now his brother. That has to hit hard.
              Talent wise, Dick is Michael Jordan, LeBron, and Kobe rolled into one.

Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Jerry Van Dyke dies

Collapse
              Working...
              X