Evicted an unwanted tenant this morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evicted an unwanted tenant this morning

This guy had made himself a home in my shed, between the wall and a box of vinyl siding. He had opened a bag of mulch and prepared bedding. He accessed the shed through an opening in the soffit overhang, which I'll have to repair to prevent further intrusion.

I reintroduced him to the wild along the Salt River near a farm with an old abandoned barn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180425_073202[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	172685
    I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Rodney Dangerfield

We live just adjacent, and I mean just adjacent, to part of the Daniel Boone Nat'l Forest. We used to have as high as 8 or 10 that would come into the garage, through the pet door, of a night looking for food. None of them ever indicated that they were interested in staying. I made sure there was plenty of cat food available. They'd eat their fill and head home.
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

My cousin had a pet raccoon years ago. It bit.

He also had a pet groundhog. It bit too.

He very briefly had a pet coyote (adolescent). It also bit.

All that is to say, it seems like you did the right thing... Still, you missed out on some good eat'n
      Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
        We live just adjacent, and I mean just adjacent, to part of the Daniel Boone Nat'l Forest. We used to have as high as 8 or 10 that would come into the garage, through the pet door, of a night looking for food. None of them ever indicated that they were interested in staying. I made sure there was plenty of cat food available. They'd eat their fill and head home.
        I've always been concerned that one would venture through the pet door into the garage and subsequently into the house. The wiener dogs would be in a fevered frenzy trying to catch it. We've had other animals in the house, but not of their own choice. Dogs would bring in dead rabbits, dead ducklings and live snakes.
        I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
          My cousin had a pet raccoon years ago. It bit.
          Growing up my great uncle had a large farm in Big Clifty. It was a zoo of sorts. Along with 14 kids they had cows, pigs, horses, mules, chickens, goats...........and a pet raccoon that lived in the house like a house cat. Extremely gentle animal, surprisingly.

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
          .. Still, you missed out on some good eat'n
          lol

Comment

We have a groundhog that we see every year for the last 5 or so years. It goes under our shed. it has burrowed right underneath the front door. That thing is HUGE! Biggest groundhog I have ever seen. No telling what kind of home he has under there. I have put the garden hose under there trying to flush him out to no avail. He comes out and suns in the backyard. I have been tempted to grab my pistol and just shoot him but I don't like shooting animals. He's just trying to survive. The little punk used to get in the garden but not so much anymore. If I can find a pic I will post it.
            No man is a failure who has friends

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
              We have a groundhog that we see every year for the last 5 or so years. It goes under our shed. it has burrowed right underneath the front door. That thing is HUGE! Biggest groundhog I have ever seen. No telling what kind of home he has under there. I have put the garden hose under there trying to flush him out to no avail. He comes out and suns in the backyard. I have been tempted to grab my pistol and just shoot him but I don't like shooting animals. He's just trying to survive. The little punk used to get in the garden but not so much anymore. If I can find a pic I will post it.
              Don't kill him, or her, please. If you want rid of him, just live trap him like surveyor did the coon and relocate him.
              Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Don't kill him, or her, please. If you want rid of him, just live trap him like surveyor did the coon and relocate him.
                Oh no Matt, I would never do that. I am gonna try and trap it. I hope I can find a pic of it. It's a groundhog on steroids. Just a massive rodent.
                No man is a failure who has friends

Comment

My friend had several raccoons get in his attic. He thought he had the spot fixed but he would trap them and take them to Jefferson County Forest or Bernheim. If someone happens to kill a coon, barbecue it. YUM!
                  John 3:3

Comment

I live in an ultra urban environment right south of downtown Louisville. I have one living in a prehistoric pin oak in my back yard. I've seen this rascal early in the mornings, heard him(I think) rummaging in my recycle bin, and seen foot prints at the base of the tree. There's more game around my house than one would believe: deer, turkey, coyotes, foxes, raccoons, possums, owls, rabbit, squirrel, chipmunk, hawks.....

Comment

In my old house in Fort Wright, we lived adjacent to a nature preserve that housed deer, ground hogs, and raccoons. I saw all 3 pretty frequently. We had problems with the raccoons going through the garbage to the point where we had to put a brick on the trash cans to keep them out.

We've lived in our new house a little over a year and I've seen deer and rabbits - I have a rabbit living in my back yard. I've also seen a coyote back there - supposedly last fall was pretty bad for coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                        My friend had several raccoons get in his attic. He thought he had the spot fixed but he would trap them and take them to Jefferson County Forest or Bernheim. If someone happens to kill a coon, barbecue it. YUM!
                        When we had the inspection done on our house, we saw the...remnants of a raccoon habitat in our attic. I think we're in the clear but every now and then I think I hear something in the ceiling and I'm kinda scared to open the attic door.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

When we had the inspection done on our house, we saw the...remnants of a raccoon habitat in our attic. I think we're in the clear but every now and then I think I hear something in the ceiling and I'm kinda scared to open the attic door.
                          A raccoon, squirrel, birds or mice could make that noise. Any of those would be more scared of you than you would be of them.
                          John 3:3

Comment

Evicted an unwanted tenant this morning

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X