Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Fox Discovers the Joy of a Dog's Toy

2 Minutes of mindless fun.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

That's amazing. I think he wants to be someone's pet.

That was a beautiful fox, BTW.
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
      That's amazing. I think he wants to be someone's pet.

That was a beautiful fox, BTW.
      I've seen more foxes locally near residential areas than I ever recall seeing. Growing up I don't recall seeing any at all, but in the last year I've seen 3 - one of which had been hit by a car.

Neighbor behind us has about 3.5 acres and has a mother and 3 kits living under his storage building.
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

I've seen more foxes locally near residential areas than I ever recall seeing. Growing up I don't recall seeing any at all, but in the last year I've seen 3 - one of which had been hit by a car.

Neighbor behind us has about 3.5 acres and has a mother and 3 kits living under his storage building.
        Same here. I grew up in the mountains I can't ever remember seeing a fox. Now I live in a suburb of Washington DC and see one frequently. I have seen a number of them when I am walking early in the morning to pick up my bus. We saw one in our parking lot one day and hear them at night yelping in a small patch woods behind out townhouse. I think I have seen more wildlife where I live now than I ever did in the mountains.
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Same here. I grew up in the mountains I can't ever remember seeing a fox. Now I live in a suburb of Washington DC and see one frequently. I have seen a number of them when I am walking early in the morning to pick up my bus. We saw one in our parking lot one day and hear them at night yelping in a small patch woods behind out townhouse. I think I have seen more wildlife where I live now than I ever did in the mountains.
          I hope that yelping isn't coyotes, Kevin. Our home is surrounded by trees and dense underbrush, and we have a pack of them right behind our house.
          Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

I'm older than most, on here, but I think the reason there weren't many around when I was growing up is that fox hunters kept them thinned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I hope that yelping isn't coyotes, Kevin. Our home is surrounded by trees and dense underbrush, and we have a pack of them right behind our house.
              We are quite sure its fox. There has been a family of them living in those woods for quite some time. Yes hunters kept the wildlife thinned out when I was growing up. The population now in that area, Harlan County, is so low that there just aren't many that hunt anymore.
              Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

We are quite sure its fox. There has been a family of them living in those woods for quite some time. Yes hunters kept the wildlife thinned out when I was growing up. The population now in that area, Harlan County, is so low that there just aren't many that hunt anymore.
                Thankfully, in my opinion, fox and coon hunting has pretty much become a thing of the past.

Comment

I've never been fox hunting, but we went coon hunting a lot. I can still hear those hounds on a trail.
                  John 3:3

Comment

Wild Fox Discovers the Joy of a Dog's Toy

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X