I had a great day yesterday.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a great day yesterday.

Because I'm a retired official and a member of FCA, I was invited for the second time to speak to a group of inmates at The Kentucky State Reformatory at LaGrange. To say the least, that is a place I have no desire to live at, but I count it a Blessing to talk to the men about basketball and then share the Gospel with them. We had a great meeting and Q&A time. Then right before I left, I had the opportunity to meet with Tom Payne. We talked briefly about BB and a few fouls I called on him, and then he gave me some literature about a program he started at KSR and asked me if I would come speak at one of his meetings. He is the happiest inmate I've ever seen, and right before I left, he put his big arms around me and prayed over me such a humbling prayer. Other than sharing the Gospel, that was the best part of my visit.
    John 3:3

Good story there Lighthouse!
    No man is a failure who has friends

Comment

What a great story

Comment

LH that takes a lot of courage to go to a prison to do anything like that. My brother who is a minister in Tennessee goes to a prison to minister to the inmates. He said its a rewarding experience and he always gets good feedback from the ones he talks to there.
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
          LH that takes a lot of courage to go to a prison to do anything like that. My brother who is a minister in Tennessee goes to a prison to minister to the inmates. He said its a rewarding experience and he always gets good feedback from the ones he talks to there.
          I've been to KSR several times and to the Peewee Valley Women's Prison too. It is a very rewarding experience and to be able to tell the inmates about Jesus is the most rewarding.

Comment

Lighthouse if I've learned one thing in my life it's this......It's ALWAYS better to have a great day than a lousy day.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
              Lighthouse if I've learned one thing in my life it's this......It's ALWAYS better to have a great day than a lousy day.
              Yes sir. And it seems my best days are when I'm serving others in His Name.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
                YES....I could not agree more

Comment

I had a great day yesterday.

Collapse
                Working...
                X