Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul, Dead at 76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul, Dead at 76

It was a small moment that would reverberate for decades. On January 24th, 1967, Aretha Franklin was struggling to record “I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You),” her first project for Atlantic after several years recording more conventional material for Columbia. As Franklin would recall, something with the studio musicians wasn’t clicking until someone said, “Aretha, why don’t you sit down and play?” Taking a seat at the piano, Franklin quickly cut the smoldering track that would become her first No. 1 R&B hit. “It just happened,” she said. “We arrived, and we arrived very quickly.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...Hau?li=BBnb7Kz
    Life Comes At You Fast

News like this takes the starch right out of me. Prayers to her family. I was lucky to grow up when I did and see folks like Aretha and so many others just explode when they got popular and make enormous contributions to our culture. RIP to The Queen.....

Comment

Sad to hear. She was one of the best. Praying for her family.
      John 3:3

Comment

So sad.....loved her and her music.....she dies on the same day as Elvis.....The Queen and King are together in heaven

Comment

Hmmmmmm.........
          I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

76 gets younger to me every year...
            Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul, Dead at 76

Collapse
            Working...
            X