Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul, Dead at 76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiritof96
    replied
    76 gets younger to me every year...

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    Hmmmmmm.........

Leave a comment:

• TrueblueCATfan
    replied
    So sad.....loved her and her music.....she dies on the same day as Elvis.....The Queen and King are together in heaven

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    Sad to hear. She was one of the best. Praying for her family.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Dave
    replied
    News like this takes the starch right out of me. Prayers to her family. I was lucky to grow up when I did and see folks like Aretha and so many others just explode when they got popular and make enormous contributions to our culture. RIP to The Queen.....

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    started a topic Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul, Dead at 76

It was a small moment that would reverberate for decades. On January 24th, 1967, Aretha Franklin was struggling to record “I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You),” her first project for Atlantic after several years recording more conventional material for Columbia. As Franklin would recall, something with the studio musicians wasn’t clicking until someone said, “Aretha, why don’t you sit down and play?” Taking a seat at the piano, Franklin quickly cut the smoldering track that would become her first No. 1 R&B hit. “It just happened,” she said. “We arrived, and we arrived very quickly.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...Hau?li=BBnb7Kz

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Collapse
Working...
X