Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teamchemistry15
    replied
    Adding an s to "mine." Stop.

Being interrupted. That's probably the one thing that ticks me off the most.

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    This one has been under my skin for several months and appears to be primarily a millennial thing.

The millennials in my office use the term "those ones" and these ones" instead of the correct "those" and "these".

Q: "Where are the drawings you printed out for project X and project Y?"

A: "These ones are the ones for project X and those ones over there are the ones for project Y."

Yeeesh

Leave a comment:

• Spiritof96
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    My new pet peeve is coming to work when you're sick. I (and soon my whole house) caught a cold from a coworker who came to work sick. No one's impressed by your dedication.
    Same... Nobody is that important.

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    Originally posted by 40bill View Post
    Pet peeves....public profanity
    arrogance
    Cell phones EVERYWHERE
    having someone subtract 30 IQ points when they hear my Kentucky 'twang'
    Condescending attitudes
    Labeling people

Whew.....gotta go scream 'Get off my lawn' at someone.
    Was in Boston on vacation last week (great city, people were polite - just don't drive if you're unfamiliar with the layout - but, I digress ) while sitting at various bars, we'd strike up a conversation with the fellow-people next us.

Invariably, due to our "accent" they'd query where we're from. I'd respond, "Louisville, Ky" (because it's the closest big city to Mt. Washington) and more often than not, the response would be a grin that was hard to discern from a smirk. Paranoia would sometimes creep into my head. I would like to think that it wasn't due to how we talked, rather, I think it might have been because many of them are aware that Louisville is where Rick landed after Boston.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    One I forgot. Driving slow in the passing lane, and refusing to move over. Tailgating doesn't make the other peeve go away, and it's very dangerous. If the person in front hits their brakes and you hit them, the accident is your fault.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight Schrute
    replied
    My new pet peeve is coming to work when you're sick. I (and soon my whole house) caught a cold from a coworker who came to work sick. No one's impressed by your dedication.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight Schrute
    replied
    Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    Loud trucks are a pet peeve of mine as well. They tend to be the most aggressive, uncaring drivers. One passed me this morning. I'm not talking semis; I'm talking these crazy big, roaring monstrosities with side-view mirrors that extend out into the other lane and engines that are so loud you can't focus on anything but them as they rumble past. A friend of mine had a big truck for awhile, and it was so loud you couldn't have a conversation without screaming at each other. Why do people want to drive these things? What's the draw there?
    Showing off the amount of credit extended to them, probably.

Leave a comment:

• 40bill
    replied
    Pet peeves....public profanity
    arrogance
    Cell phones EVERYWHERE
    having someone subtract 30 IQ points when they hear my Kentucky 'twang'
    Condescending attitudes
    Labeling people

Whew.....gotta go scream 'Get off my lawn' at someone.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    The worst loud music situation I ever saw was last year at the Kroger in Fern Creek.

It wasn't a car full of rap-playing youths. No, this was a 50-something-year-old guy. He was sitting right near the front doors of Kroger on a motorcycle. And he was playing Green Day so hellaciously loud that it was staggering. You could hear it all across the parking lot. And he sat there on his bike messing with his phone as people walked five feet from him in and out of the store. The guy was totally oblivious.

That lack of self-awareness is awe-inspiring to me. I had so many questions. One was: why sit right by the doors of the grocery store? And I mean he had literally pulled into the little walkway where they sell plants and so on. What was he doing there? Why had he chosen that moment to search on his phone or to do whatever he was doing?

People who don't give a crap about any other individual but themselves always fascinate me and infuriate me.

Loud trucks are a pet peeve of mine as well. They tend to be the most aggressive, uncaring drivers. One passed me this morning. I'm not talking semis; I'm talking these crazy big, roaring monstrosities with side-view mirrors that extend out into the other lane and engines that are so loud you can't focus on anything but them as they rumble past. A friend of mine had a big truck for awhile, and it was so loud you couldn't have a conversation without screaming at each other. Why do people want to drive these things? What's the draw there?

Leave a comment:

• Blue Heaven
    replied

That brings me to another pet peeve - people who don't put their phone on vibrate at work.
    YES!! See, you're getting it. If it isn't bad enough that I have to hear some annoying ringtone/notification sound, I have to endure it for longer than I should because you want everyone to know that you like the Sanford and Son theme song. Guess what? NOBODY cares bro. Silence that mess!

Leave a comment:

• Dwight Schrute
    replied
    I've heard people's music blaring out of the car - I've heard people walking down the street using their phone as a speaker and blaring music, and that drives me nuts.

That brings me to another pet peeve - people who don't put their phone on vibrate at work.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    I've never encountered that - is that a problem that happens?
    I've never seen or heard it.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight Schrute
    replied
    I've never encountered that - is that a problem that happens?

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    I will say that I use the bluetooth on my car all the time - can't figure out what anyone has against that.
    I do to. I think what BH is saying, it bothers him when a vehicle next to him has the volume up so loud he can hear the conversation, I'm not guilty of that.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight Schrute
    replied
    I will say that I use the bluetooth on my car all the time - can't figure out what anyone has against that.

Leave a comment:

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Pet Peeves

Collapse
Working...
X