Your Favorite Sports Announcers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Sports Announcers

There's a mention of UK announcers on one of the fb threads and I thought it might be interesting to find out who some of your favorite announcers are/were. Some of mine were Claude Sullivan and Cawood (UK), John Ward (UT), Vin Scully (Dodgers), Harry Carey (Cubs, although I was never a Cubs fan) and Pat Summerall (NFL).
    Life Comes At You Fast

I like Al Michaels a lot.

Nessler is fine. I miss Kieth Jackson and nonsenile Mussbuger.
    Last edited by Spiritof96; 01-07-2019, 07:18 PM.
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

My favorites are Cawood Ledford, and Harry Carey when he was in St Louis.
      John 3:3

Comment

I was thinking about Cawood just the other day (I must have too much free time on my hands). The thing about him that always amazed me was how awesome he was a calling a horse race, something few mentioned ever tried lol. For several years, he made the call for whatever national station was carrying the race. When he would holler..."and down the stretch they come", it was exhilarating!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
          I was thinking about Cawood just the other day (I must have too much free time on my hands). The thing about him that always amazed me was how awesome he was a calling a horse race, something few mentioned ever tried lol. For several years, he made the call for whatever national station was carrying the race. When he would holler..."and down the stretch they come", it was exhilarating!!!
          And in that last quarter mile, he would say, "Now they are running on their pedigree."
          John 3:3

Comment

Historically locally - Cawood.

Historically NFL - Madden and Summerall - nothing better when they were in sync.

Currently NFL - I really like Troy Aikman as an analyst, which makes Joe Buck tolerable. Tandem team - Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth are tremendous. I really like Tony Romo a lot, too. He's got great ability to (way more often than not) know the play that's likely to be run in certain situations. I don't know that Jason Witten will last long as an analyst - might end up in-studio.
            I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Silly me. The race I was referring to was the KY Derby. Sorry lol.

Comment

I left out baseball.

Curt Gowdy was an overall favorite. Also enjoyed Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek. Oh, and Mel Allen - Vin Scully
                I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Past- Keith Jackson, Jack Buck, Vin Scully, Gary Bender, Tom Hammond (JP), Cawood, Pat Summeral

Present- Kevin Harlan, Ian Eagle
                  Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Your Favorite Sports Announcers

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X