Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather

Stay warm and safe everyone. It's already bad here, and the worse is yet to come. Per TWC, it's supposed to be bitterly cold tonight.
    Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Here too Matt. You be safe and warm my friend. God's Blessings to you, your Family and all WCN'ers
    John 3:3

Comment

Stay safe and warm my friends

Comment

Stay thirsty my friends.....

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
          Stay thirsty my friends.....
          So says "the most interesting man in the world" and Matt Colvin.
          Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

I work outside so I am dreading tonight. Say a prayer for me
            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
              Yikes... Bundle up. Don't ignore numb toes and fingers.
              Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Yikes... Bundle up. Don't ignore numb toes and fingers.
                I have all the gear and wear zero cotton when it gets like this. Still. This is BRUTAL temps to be working in. Only exposed skin will be my eyes. I have some killer Wolverine’s with 800g thinsulate but the key will be finding the right socks where my feet won’t sweat. When my feet gets cold I am done! Will take a few different pairs tonight. I will be looking like Randy from A Christmas Story.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hardly a way to stay even close to warm. Stay safe.
                  Anyone here in 1963 Lexington when the temp was -21 degrees? I know it’s been colder elsewhere in the state, but I remember that.
                  Last edited by capcat; 01-29-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

My first winter at UPS, we had wind chills -50 for a few days. That was 1989. I haven’t wore steel toes since

Comment

My first winter at UPS, we had wind chills -50 for a few days. That was 1989. I haven’t wore steel toes since
                      I guess that was a lesson learned the hard way. I’ll remember that, too.

Comment

I didn't leave my house today. I'm not leaving tomorrow or Thursday either. I have all kinds of vittles and two large bottles of vino. I'm going to bake a decadent German chocolate cake tomorrow and a beautiful chuck roast with all the veggies I'm cookn low and slow. I'll keep that oven door open a bit when I'm done and at least heat my kitchen lol. I'm ready.

Comment

Saw a comment that kids today are wimps calling off school. I think there are other factors today that weren’t there when I was in school. Would like to see a history of when school has been called off because of cold, not bad roads starting in the 60s

Comment

Cathy, I don't ever remember getting out for the cold. There weren't as many Wives working back then so I guess we had a warm vehicle to sit in while we waited for the bus. I am a child of the 70's.

Comment

Just prayed protection over you.
                              John 3:3

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Weather

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X