Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you set in a chair all day at work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you set in a chair all day at work!!!

If you work a job and set in a chair for the most part of the day, my advice is to invest in yourself and get a standing desk, you will thank me later. The reason i bring this up is from my own experience. The past 4 years my job consists of sitting at a desk for most of the day calling customers, etc. etc. etc. During this time period not only have i put on weight at the dreaded age of 45 but also my overall health just seemed to decline from back pain, muscle tightness, all of the above. I finally decided to make a change and bought a standing desk since Doctors now clame that sitting all day is the "new smoking".

With that being said, man do i feel great, my energy, less back pain, etc. My advice to anyone who sits for the most part of the day is to invest in yourself and buy yourself a standing desk, it will pay off down the road and you will thank me later....
    I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

While I don't have a desk job, I have seen those desks. Don't know how "comfortable" it would be. Seems a good pair of shoes would be just as needy. When we had desktop computers, I found those exercise balls to be WAY more comfy than the best computer chair. Takes a lot of pressure off the back.
    Isaiah 5:20

Comment

I've got a fitbit and have a schedule to walk 5-10 minutes each hour and 30 minutes at lunch. Preferable to a stand up desk for me.
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

I quit sitting at a desk at work too. I freakin' retired!!!!!

Comment

I get the appeal of standing up, but in an office where everyone sits I think standing up is a bit awkward. I just prefer to get up and walk to the rest room, to get some water, walk down a couple flights of stairs, etc every hour or so.
          When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

I don't' have one, but most in my office do. Chair sitting from 8-5 for 15 years HAS negatively impacted my hip range of motion. I do corrective stuff, but if the standing desk works for your process, they are great. Most of my coworkers who have them, are only have them in the standing position for an hour or two out of the day. I find typing while standing to be difficult.
            Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
              While I don't have a desk job, I have seen those desks. Don't know how "comfortable" it would be. Seems a good pair of shoes would be just as needy. When we had desktop computers, I found those exercise balls to be WAY more comfy than the best computer chair. Takes a lot of pressure off the back.
              Actually i have a exercise ball under my desk but standing up now i feel much better, never realized how "sitting" all day could effect the body..
              I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                I get the appeal of standing up, but in an office where everyone sits I think standing up is a bit awkward. I just prefer to get up and walk to the rest room, to get some water, walk down a couple flights of stairs, etc every hour or so.
                I see your point but i also have a bad habit of slouching and leaning after a while, standing is good for me and i feel better...
                Last edited by J.Jennings; 02-09-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

If you set in a chair all day at work!!!

Collapse
                Working...
                X