X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Blaine Wrecking Crew drummer passes

https://start.att.net/news/read/category/news/article/billboard-
    hal_blaine_wrecking_crew_drummer_dies_at_90-promart

A session musician for the ages. Never got the credit he deserved. RIP to a great one.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ead-90-806827/

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

The Wrecking Crew was involved in pretty much all of the greatest music produced in the late 50s, 60s and 70s. Many of them have passed away.

Among the members were greats like Leon Russell, Glen Campbell, James Burton, Carol Kaye, Jeff Parcoro.

Parcoro played the drums on Boz Scaggs' Lido Shuffle.

Blaine played on 6 straight Grammy Record of the Year winners - half with Simon and Garfunkel.
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post
        The Wrecking Crew was involved in pretty much all of the greatest music produced in the late 50s, 60s and 70s. Many of them have passed away.

Among the members were greats like Leon Russell, Glen Campbell, James Burton, Carol Kaye, Jeff Parcoro.

Parcoro played the drums on Boz Scaggs' Lido Shuffle.

Blaine played on 6 straight Grammy Record of the Year winners - half with Simon and Garfunkel.
        Porcaro also played on some old Steely Dan albums as well as Toto. Top 10 "modern" drummer IMHO. Died really young after using pesticides in his backyard. Horrible, horrible loss.

Comment

Oops. Correction on my part.

Jeff Parcoro wasn't in The Wrecking Crew - it was his dad Joe.

Comment

Legendary studio players.

As a teen, when I daydreamed about a music career, my highest aspiration was "best studio player in the world". I wanted no part of being a rockstar.
            Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
              Legendary studio players.

As a teen, when I daydreamed about a music career, my highest aspiration was "best studio player in the world". I wanted no part of being a rockstar.
              I grew up with music. My Pop played classical piano every day he wasn't sick lol. I can still hear it. I took up drum lessons in the 5th grade...1966 I think...and continued until I graduated from high school. Took alto sax lessons for one year just for fun. I was never into to rock. I loved ensemble music. Big Band, loved Latin music, Jazz. I played rock for the fun of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post

I grew up with music. My Pop played classical piano every day he wasn't sick lol. I can still hear it. I took up drum lessons in the 5th grade...1966 I think...and continued until I graduated from high school. Took alto sax lessons for one year just for fun. I was never into to rock. I loved ensemble music. Big Band, loved Latin music, Jazz. I played rock for the fun of it.
                I'm old enough that my father playing the piano was the evening entertainment with only three networks and PBS, (requiring rotating antennae) to choose from. No CPU either. He played standards and lounge music...

I failed to uphold the family traditions and standards in piano in the same way I did with math... I wanted to be a professional guitar player, I just wasn't good enough. (not in the same universe as good enough)

It's for the best, my wife was a classical musician and bailed pretty fast. She was good enough but that life stinks.
                Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Hal Blaine Wrecking Crew drummer passes

Collapse
                Working...
                X