Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Conway passes at 85

https://people.com/tv/tim-conway-dies/

First remember seeing him on reruns of McHale's Navy in the late 60s and then on the Carol Burnett Show late 60s early 70s.

The Dentist skit is still my favorite. It was always a hoot to see him get the others to crack and fall out of character.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

From what I'd read he suffered terribly from dementia. Some of his Carol Burnett skits and his on air admins are side splitting. The cast said they often didn't have any idea where he was taking a script and you can see that from the reactions.
    Thanks Tim.
    RIP

Comment

The article contradicts the dementia rumors. He suffered from Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus and had no signs of dementia or Alzheimers
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Saw that. I stand corrected on the dementia post

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
          Saw that. I stand corrected on the dementia post

It seems to be reported both ways, apparently. Some sites are reporting he struggled for years with dementia, while others are reporting he had no signs of it.

Comment

I think it's safe to say whatever the diagnosis was he was unable to care for himself.

Comment

A very funny man who I enjoyed every time I saw him.
              John 3:3

Comment

What a funny guy..RIP Tim Conway

Comment

Miss comedians like him. So funny and he wasn’t vulgar. RIP funny man

Comment

Tim Conway passes at 85

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X