D. John Died Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D. John Died Yesterday

Yet another piece of my musical upbringing is physically gone.
    Not to mention an integral member of "The Wrecking Crew".

Right Place, Wrong Time
    Such A Night
    I Walk On Guilded Splinters
    I'd Rather Go Blind (with Etta James)
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Saw this on the news last night and thought of ya, surveyor

Comment

Impossible to replace Dr. John. RIP.

Comment

Always got a chuckle out of this performance. He looked like he was feeling better than good.
        I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

He was a great musician. Had a very distinctive voice and style. When you heard it, you knew it was him. Saw him several times at a couple of blues festivals. It is sad that blues is not that popular to the masses. It is a far sight better that what gets put out today as pop, rap, or modern country, in my personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by boomdaddy View Post
            He was a great musician. Had a very distinctive voice and style. When you heard it, you knew it was him. Saw him several times at a couple of blues festivals. It is sad that blues is not that popular to the masses. It is a far sight better that what gets put out today as pop, rap, or modern country, in my personal opinion.
            I hear ya boom. Starting in the mid 50's I grew up in a musical environment. It was awesome. Music is part of our culture and some genres have zero connection with the main stream these days and it's sad. Jazz, bluegrass, etc. Some of the best music I ever heard was big band. Not sure if many people even know or care what that sounds like.

Comment

D. John Died Yesterday

Collapse
            Working...
            X