Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

D. John Died Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by boomdaddy View Post
    He was a great musician. Had a very distinctive voice and style. When you heard it, you knew it was him. Saw him several times at a couple of blues festivals. It is sad that blues is not that popular to the masses. It is a far sight better that what gets put out today as pop, rap, or modern country, in my personal opinion.
    I hear ya boom. Starting in the mid 50's I grew up in a musical environment. It was awesome. Music is part of our culture and some genres have zero connection with the main stream these days and it's sad. Jazz, bluegrass, etc. Some of the best music I ever heard was big band. Not sure if many people even know or care what that sounds like.

Leave a comment:

• boomdaddy
    replied
    He was a great musician. Had a very distinctive voice and style. When you heard it, you knew it was him. Saw him several times at a couple of blues festivals. It is sad that blues is not that popular to the masses. It is a far sight better that what gets put out today as pop, rap, or modern country, in my personal opinion.

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    Always got a chuckle out of this performance. He looked like he was feeling better than good.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Dave
    replied

Impossible to replace Dr. John. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• matt colvin
    replied
    Saw this on the news last night and thought of ya, surveyor

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    started a topic D. John Died Yesterday

D. John Died Yesterday

Yet another piece of my musical upbringing is physically gone.
    Not to mention an integral member of "The Wrecking Crew".

Right Place, Wrong Time
    Such A Night
    I Walk On Guilded Splinters
    I'd Rather Go Blind (with Etta James)

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

D. John Died Yesterday

Collapse
Working...
X