How Long Have You Been Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Have You Been Here?

Just curious, and I thought it might evolve into a good summer discussion.

I joined WCN in January 2006 .

I'm not sure. My profile says Oct., 2014 but that's the new date after the site was hacked. I was a member, for several years, before that. Unlike some of the members, I didn't come over immediately after the collapse of WCF. I would say I've been a member for about 10 years.
    Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

I joined the original WCF in 2005

Comment

I can't remember, but I was a member of WCF for a few years before it collapsed, so it's been a long enjoyable time. I never met Mel in person but traded post with him several times. I'll never forget the day he died, and what happened to WCF soon after.
        Last edited by Lighthouse; 07-05-2019, 06:31 PM.
        John 3:3

Comment

I joined WCFaithful in 2001 during the Team Turmoil year to bellyache and moan. Been around since then in some form or another. I've had the Dwight Schrute username for a good 10 years at least.
          When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Did the site go away for while? It seems like I checked in a few months ago and I couldn't figure out what was going on with it. It was like the site vanished and "bleh" was all that was left

Comment

Originally posted by 84Cats View Post
              Did the site go away for while? It seems like I checked in a few months ago and I couldn't figure out what was going on with it. It was like the site vanished and "bleh" was all that was left
              It's been more than a few months, but it did get hacked and the site had to start over from scratch.
              Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Since one of Tubby's frustrating, clogged toilet offense teams. I'm guessing 2006.
                Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
                  Since one of Tubby's frustrating, clogged toilet offense teams. I'm guessing 2006.
                  Flex-motion offense, which will be faster tempo this year.

Comment

Last couple of years of Tubby for me. Probably 2005. But just lurked and never posted till the reboot. But cat fan for 47 years and counting thanks to my parents.

Comment

I migrated over from WCF after the dumpster fire. Joined here in 2005.
                      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Was on the old Wildcatchat in the late '90s but I think I started on Wildcatfaithful in 2000. It may have been '99.

Posted under Joneslab for years, and then thought it was weird that everybody called me Will when they met me in the real world. So I thought I'd post under my real name.

It's still the place I come to first when I log in every day and it's been that way for almost 20 years. I seriously believe message board posting is far more rewarding than tweeting or Facebook posting.

Comment

^ I definitely agree , we have had some entertaining discussions and debates over the years.

Comment

This place has been a boon for me, especially during the winter months. The end of this month, I will have been retired for 20 years and my wife is still working. I've passsed a countless number of hours on here when there was either nothing to do outside or the weather was too harsh to do anything.
                            Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

I was trying to think of the first issue I ever posted about on WCF, and then it hit me: it was a thread about Kentucky's interest in a high school player named Jason Parker. He had signed with North Carolina but rumors were he was trying to back out, and Kentucky was interested. First topic I posted on.

The first big blow-up was probably in 1999 when Kentucky lost to Michigan St. I logged on to WCF and noticed people wanting Tubby fired. It was the first time I'd ever seen anybody say that. Obviously it wouldn't be the last.

Comment

How Long Have You Been Here?

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X