No announcement yet.

How Long Have You Been Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been around for a long time. Went on Mel's bus trip to Chicago or was it Detroit, when UK played Mich St??? Was in a huge arena. I think a record was broken for a college basketball game. Was a member long before then. James could tell me. Getting forgetful in my older age.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Was on the old Wildcatchat in the late '90s but I think I started on Wildcatfaithful in 2000. It may have been '99.

Posted under Joneslab for years, and then thought it was weird that everybody called me Will when they met me in the real world. So I thought I'd post under my real name.

It's still the place I come to first when I log in every day and it's been that way for almost 20 years. I seriously believe message board posting is far more rewarding than tweeting or Facebook posting.
      I remember Joneslab, but had no idea that was you. I agree with you about message board posting, and am so glad I found this site.
      John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post
        I've been around for a long time. Went on Mel's bus trip to Chicago or was it Detroit, when UK played Mich St??? Was in a huge arena. I think a record was broken for a college basketball game. Was a member long before then. James could tell me. Getting forgetful in my older age.
        I remember that ordeal. That was indeed in Detroit, the so-called "Basketbowl."

Seems like they detained quite a few Wildcatfaithful people outside the arena for scalping, but then ended up letting them all go in.

Comment

I was at that game in the pep band.

I remember that incident vaguely. There was some controversy over it as it was borderline entrapment if I recall correctly. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago.
          When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Around 06 or 07, not sure, man time flys!!
            I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I remember that ordeal. That was indeed in Detroit, the so-called "Basketbowl."

Seems like they detained quite a few Wildcatfaithful people outside the arena for scalping, but then ended up letting them all go in.
              Mel had a few tickets from people that did not go. Sold them for face value. Still was considered scalping. He was not happy. Can’t remember any more details.

Comment

Been here for a while if you count Wildcatfaithful. I still have the T Shirt I ordered from the site. It's all ragged and is now a muscle shirt as the long sleeves started looking moth eaten. I still wear it doing yard work or fishing.
                Isaiah 5:20

Comment

How Long Have You Been Here?

Collapse
                Working...
                X