Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Front Engine C7 Corvette Sells for $2.7 million

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Last Front Engine C7 Corvette Sells for $2.7 million

    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...vette-auction/
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

  • #2
    Nice car...
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

    Comment


    • #3
      Whoa! That's crazy. Although I wish the Corvette could retain its format, I am excited to see the future. It's unfortunate that the manual transmission will no longer be available.

      I will also say it seems like the C7 just came out about 3 years ago...time has flown by. One of my coworkers has a black on black Z06. It's a bleeping beast.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
        Whoa! That's crazy. Although I wish the Corvette could retain its format, I am excited to see the future. It's unfortunate that the manual transmission will no longer be available.

        I will also say it seems like the C7 just came out about 3 years ago...time has flown by. One of my coworkers has a black on black Z06. It's a bleeping beast.
        I'm interested in seeing what the mid-engine Vette will look like.

        I hate that more and more manufacturers are dropping the manual transmission. BMW is dropping it from the 3 series, Mercedes dropped it from the C Class and Audi dropped it as well.

        I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the reveal date is in this month so we will know in the next couple weeks for sure. This is going to be the "poor man's Ferrari" and try to challenge some of the best sports cars in the world now. Bastardized Ferrari 458, if you will.

          After having a C7 for 3 years now, I would say that 7 gears was unnecessary and also I think a power boost for the grand sport model would have been appropriate. Chevy probably feared that it would cut into Z06 sales too much though.

          I wish the green had still been available in 2016...I would have gotten that color.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by surveyor View Post

            I'm interested in seeing what the mid-engine Vette will look like.

            I hate that more and more manufacturers are dropping the manual transmission. BMW is dropping it from the 3 series, Mercedes dropped it from the C Class and Audi dropped it as well.
            Do hey have the semi auto paddle shift thing instead?
            Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes

              Comment


              • #8


                Definitely sounds like the LT1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks like a photo of the rear end has been leaked....

                  https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1836174302/amp

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                    Looks like a photo of the rear end has been leaked....

                    https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1836174302/amp
                    Don't care for it.

                    I've always been partial to the round lights. The last design change seemed to adopt a variation of the Camaro tail lights.
                    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by surveyor View Post

                      Don't care for it.

                      I've always been partial to the round lights. The last design change seemed to adopt a variation of the Camaro tail lights.
                      I agree. Round lights and pipes would be better. That back end looks like a generic "supercar".
                      Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the Camaro probably will see a sales spike. I've said before and will reiterate that I still have not "fallen in love" with the C7 design. I think it looks nice on the road but when I see one parked it does not elicit strong appreciation of its aesthetic.

                        Looking out on the fenders when driving is similar I think to the C3, as is the general layout. But there's something about V8 upfront, rear wheel drive, and manual transmission. That they managed to balance it pretty darn well was the all encompassing aspect. I bought the C7 especially when I did due to Chevrolet's salesmanship of it being the culmination and the end of an era...that C8 would be a different car.

                        Well, it will not be a completely new car as C7 was. I think there will be some carryover items such as LT1. Leaf springs? I do wonder.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The 2020 C8 Corvette Will Debut As a Stingray.

                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/the-2020-c8-corvette-will-debut-as-a-stingray/ar-AAEmsfv#image=AAEmtKi|1
                          Life Comes At You Fast

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I am looking forward to seeing it in person. I still do not like the appearance of a stationary C7 but find them striking when they are in motion. The orange car probably looks better dirty than clean as the color seems to vary between metallic orange and burnt orange...I prefer the latter .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I watched the debut program. They detailed quite a bit without going into every specification. There will be a new base engine called LT2 with 495 HP and 470 ft lb of torque with an 8 speed DCT, new interior, it will have Michelin PS4S 245 in the front and 305 in the back, and will not see a large spike in price.

                              I am disappointed in the power output but am impressed by price. Overall appearance is better than I expected.

                              Comment

                              Last Front Engine C7 Corvette Sells for $2.7 million

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X