Gardening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Be sure and let us know when it's available, for viewing, Uncle Dave.
    It's gonna be a while. Talked to her this morning to set a time for tomorrow. She has a case of covid in her house and is in isolation until October 24. I'm very concerned. She has a beautiful 16 month old daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post

It's gonna be a while. Talked to her this morning to set a time for tomorrow. She has a case of covid in her house and is in isolation until October 24. I'm very concerned. She has a beautiful 16 month old daughter.
      Praying for her and her home.
      John 3:3

Comment

And back for a Low Tunnel check in...

Comment

More on floating row covers....

Comment

Interesting stuff, Uncle Dave, keep it coming.
            "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Just placed an order for 90% of what I need for 2021. Most is on backorder which is normal this time of year. Last year I experienced covid delays and I hope to avoid that this year.

Comment

Low tunnel December discussion....

Sealing the tunnel....

For those of you following along, I'm super impressed with this system. It produces low cost, quality veggies. Also, the seed order I placed December 2 will not ship until February 1. Not good. If you need seed or supplies you may want to get orders placed. Same for all you who raise chickens or feeder pigs. Don't wait to place your orders!!! I checked one of the hatcheries recently and their February hatch dates were already selling out of layers and meat birds. That applies to feed and equipment. Last spring lots of suppliers sold out because of covid and many folks went without.

Comment

Low tunnel mid January discussion and getting ready for the spring garden.....Time to get your shovels all sharpened and polished up!!!!

Comment

^Great Uncle Dave! Back to basics as far as food is concerened. Anyone can have a garden anywhere. Your info is much needed and extremely valuable. I love the info you give forth.
                    Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                      ^Great Uncle Dave! Back to basics as far as food is concerened. Anyone can have a garden anywhere. Your info is much needed and extremely valuable. I love the info you give forth.
                      Agree 100%.
                      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                        Wow!! Thanks guys....really do appreciate it. I've made an effort NOT to post more often. Didn't want to grandstand. My job with Jeff. Co. Extension is the best job I ever had. Only problem is it took me over 60 years to get here. I'm gonna be on a zoom call with my boss and folks from Catholic Relief Charities. I'm certainly passing along your all's feedback. It means a lot. She'll be elated.

Comment

Interested in learning about gardening? Follow along with this new on-line tutorial. Five weekly classes lasting about one hour each. Comprehensive, plain English, common sense information from Jeff. Co. Extension and Jeff. Co. Soil and Water Conservation.

As posted earlier, this publication is also excellent...

http://www2.ca.uky.edu/agcomm/pubs/id/id128/id128.pdf

​​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                              Thanks, Dave.

You're welcome!!

Comment

Question for you guys. I have a spot in my yard where I've dug up a garden that gets perfect sun but seems to have poor soil. I've tried multiple years to get a garden going in this spot and haven't had much luck. I get tomatoes that are the size of a golf ball, a few zucchinis, no peppers, etc.

Is it worth it to try to build raised beds, and if so how much can I expect to spend on soil for them? My guess on the size would be roughly 8x4x12" high, but possibly bigger.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Gardening

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X