Chess Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Software

I used to play a lot, until I began playing golf. Now that I'm done with golf, until Spring, I thought I might rekindle my interest. I had a couple of different versions of the Chessmaster program and I loved them both.
    Apparently, Chessmaster no longer exists and the one's you can find floating around (Ebay and Amazon) aren't compatible with Windows10. If anyone can recommend a good program for a player with an average, at best, skill level I'd appreciate it. Thanks, in advance, to any and all who reply.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Are you looking for something more than Chess.com has to offer? It has quite a few features and is really all you'll need if you're just looking for a way to play other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
      Are you looking for something more than Chess.com has to offer? It has quite a few features and is really all you'll need if you're just looking for a way to play other people.
      Actually, I'm not interested in playing other people. I'm looking for some software, similar to Chessmaster, where I can play against a computer.
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Actually, I'm not interested in playing other people. I'm looking for some software, similar to Chessmaster, where I can play against a computer.
        There are bots/AI you can play against, too, as well as some good instructional material if you want to sharpen your strategy, tactics, etc.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Chess Software

Collapse
        Working...
        X