Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another legend gone

Chuck Yeager dies at 97.

Growing up, like a lot of youngsters, I was fascinated by airplanes, outer space and UFO's. I had a model of the X-1. Mr. Yeager lived a full life. Not bad for an ole country boy from West Va.

'America's greatest Pilot' Chuck Yeager, first person to break sound barrier, dies at 97 (msn.com)
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Yeager was a helluva man. Broke the sound barrier again at 89.

I like this line from his autobiography: “If I auger in (crash) tomorrow, it won’t be with a frown on my face. I’ve had a ball.”

Trivia: He and catcher Steve Yeager were cousins.
      Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

Hate to hear this news. He was a big hero of my Dad's so naturally I learned to appreciate his accomplishments as well. Now I gotta go watch The Right Stuff again for about the 20th time.
        Isaiah 5:20

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Another legend gone

Collapse
        Working...
        X