Mary Wilson, legendary founding member of The Supremes, dies at 76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Wilson, legendary founding member of The Supremes, dies at 76

Singer Mary Wilson, who co-founded the legendary Motown group The Supremes, died suddenly Monday night at her home in Henderson, Nevada, according to her longtime publicist Jay Schwartz. She was 76.

Mary Wilson, legendary founding member of The Supremes, dies at 76 (msn.com)
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...er-1234903764/

Her and Florence seemed down to earth compared to Diana Ross. Ballard had her own issues with addiction, but Wilson seemed to be the most "normal".
    Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

Just last week

Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

When someone mentions the Supremes, I always think of Diana Ross.
        "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
          When someone mentions the Supremes, I always think of Diana Ross.
          She was the face, for sure. Florence Ballard had the strongest, best vocals of the three, according to Marvin Gaye.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

The first album I ever purchased was The Supremes Greatest Hits. Blue cover and the ladies were wearing white gowns. Fantastic music. RIP.

Comment

Sad to hear...RIP Mary Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
                The first album I ever purchased was The Supremes Greatest Hits. Blue cover and the ladies were wearing white gowns. Fantastic music. RIP.
                I have this one, Uncle Dave.

Comment

Actually, it's one like this. I took the image from a 'net site.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I have this one, Uncle Dave.

This is the one I had. Check out the date.....

Comment

The date was 1966 for anyone who cares

Comment

I love the old vinyl. I guess it's the nostalgic effect. It takes me back to a happier more carefree time. I have a modest collection of LP's and 45's and a component stereo system so I can listen to them whenever I wish.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Mary Wilson, legendary founding member of The Supremes, dies at 76

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X