Ice storm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
    What weather app do you guys use on your phone?
    I use The Weather Channel

I used to use Accu-Weather but found it not to be as timely on updates.
    Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

^ That winter had some stretches of flipping cold weather, too. I remember having let my pickup warm up for about 10 minutes and then driving about 5 miles to the local hospital for rounding one morning, and it was producing actually hot air only buy the time I arrived. Steering was stiff and the truck creaked like it was frozen. I don't remember the actual ambient temp but that sucked.
      Yep, that was the first year I ever heard of the polar vortex. I drove a 12 year old Oldsmobile Alero at the time and had similar issues.

Comment

Weather Channel and Dark Sky. I like Dark Sky better but the app has gone to crap since they got bought out by Apple.

If you have an iPhone, the Weather Channel app has a home screen widget that allows you to see the weather radar directly on your home screen.

Comment

Weirdly one of the last storms we got that year wasn't a snow storm at all, it was a sleet storm that turned into 3" of solid ice that stuck around until it finally warmed up in Mid-March. Have a feeling this year's gonna be similar but with snow.

Comment

Winter storm system has moved up one day to Monday morning. Looks like I'm taking my laptop home this weekend.

For Louisville area and southern Indiana forecast is snow Monday morning with a high of 20 and 1-3 inches of snow. Snow continuing into the evening ending with 3-5 inches of snow.

Another system moves in Thursday with another 3-5 inches of snow.
            Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post
              Winter storm system has moved up one day to Monday morning. Looks like I'm taking my laptop home this weekend.

For Louisville area and southern Indiana forecast is snow Monday morning with a high of 20 and 1-3 inches of snow. Snow continuing into the evening ending with 3-5 inches of snow.

Another system moves in Thursday with another 3-5 inches of snow.
              If we get out of this with only 5" of snow by next week that'll be a win in my book.

Comment

I’m good with snow...keep the ice. Monday drive to Ohio could be fun.

Comment

I’m good with snow...keep the ice. Monday drive to Ohio could be fun.
                  Yup. Snow still affords some traction to sensible drivers. Ice affords nothing.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

Depends on your perspective. Sometimes it affords me some business....

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

Yup. Snow still affords some traction to sensible drivers. Ice affords nothing.
                      It amazes me how bad people can be at driving on snow. You need to drive cautiously but going 10 mph is just as bad as going 30 over the speed limit.

I almost had a car slide into me Wednesday night because they couldn't get up the hill and lost all their traction. Makes me crazy.

Comment

UGH.....getting ready for round 2 here and then more on Thursday......I am so ready for spring

Comment

Weather channel has us in the 8-12" range for the sunday-monday storm. Too early for thursday but that system is the stronger one. I dont mind snow.
                          Isaiah 5:20

Comment

This isn't the week to have bald tires on your vehicle.
                            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

^ Definitely. I have a 2 door jeep and it came with BFGoodrich tires on it, and I have to say so far they seem to do pretty well in the snow. I had never owned BFG tires before.

Comment

I depend on WDRB for weather and news. Weinberg is very dramatic but they all seem to know what they're talking about.
                                John 3:3

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Ice storm?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X