Ice storm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capcat View Post
    Thanks for the thought, Matt. Yes, but it came back on about an hour ago after 36 hours without. Been a miserable time. We have more to come, but our outage was due to the power company removing our area from the load so they could serve other areas, such as those with hospitals.
    Wow. 36 hours. That's terrible. Glad it's back on.
    Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

Shoveled 3-inches of ice/snow from my drive and my mother-in-law's drive yesterday. Took me about 2.5 hours. A neighbor has a Ford tractor with a frontloader and grader box attachment. He was working on his drive and stopped by to ask if I needed mine cleared. Told him I needed the exercise but I appreciated the offer. He went back to clearing his, but I think he's still getting acclimated to the tractor because it took him a really long time. I was 3/4 finished when he finished his.
      I got this as a Christmas gift and am surprised at how well it works. Only thing I don't like about it is the dual trigger handle makes my thumb get tired after a bit.

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoor...2064326632.htm

Comment

Wow. 36 hours. That's terrible. Glad it's back on.
        Now it’s water. I still have it for now, but we’re under a boil water notice. Be a heck of a thing if a person had no power, and an electric stove.

Comment

Originally posted by capcat View Post

Now it’s water. I still have it for now, but we’re under a boil water notice. Be a heck of a thing if a person had no power, and an electric stove.
          I thought about that this morning watching the news, and many have neither electric or gas, so that's a huge obstacle.
          Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

I thought about that this morning watching the news, and many have neither electric or gas, so that's a huge obstacle.
            My family lives about 45 miles north of here. They have no power, no water, and the roads are solid ice. Grocery stores and gas stations are mainly closed. My dad said it’s the worst he’s seen since the winter of 1950 - 1951 in Kentucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
              Interesting. I'm getting to the point where I despise shoveling the drive. Had me snowblower way back in the day that I never used and got rid of. That would've come in handy.
              Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post

Interesting. I'm getting to the point where I despise shoveling the drive. Had me snowblower way back in the day that I never used and got rid of. That would've come in handy.
                This could be a good compromise. I wish it were battery powered.

Comment

Let the melting begin.....in the 40s and 50s starting Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                    Let the melting begin.....in the 40s and 50s starting Sunday

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Ice storm?

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X