Rush Limbaugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

We don't all peddle hatred and lies to the uninformed masses for the better part of four decades, in the sole interest of enriching ourselves, either.

Rush Limbaugh (or at least his on-air personality) was garbage, and he gets no respect from me.
    And that's your choice and you're entitled to it. Be happy.

John 3:3

Comment

I suspect some of the vitriol being directed at Rush is due more to his having been a good friend and staunch supporter of former Pres. Trump than the way Rush made his living.
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
        I suspect some of the vitriol being directed at Rush is due more to his having been a good friend and staunch supporter of former Pres. Trump than the way Rush made his living.
        No. He just glommed onto Trump because he was the particular Republican in office at the time. It's certainly not because Trump was any sort of real conservative or extolled any conservative principles.

It's not a left/right thing, for me at least. The vitriol directed at Rush is because he spent forty years getting rich by spouting lunacy, division and hate on our nation's airwaves.

Comment

Limbaugh was a known commodity way before Trump.

It was interesting though that Limbaugh at one point played a pompous, smarmy, ludicrously rich know it all on his TV show years ago...and then joined the MAGA train, which prided itself on being against the elites.

Truth is of course both Limbaugh and Trump were the elites.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

I don’t rejoice in anyone’s death either, but I’m not gonna eulogize Rush Limbaugh either. It’s not a matter of political disagreement, he said truly awful things and used his reach to tear people down and spread racial and social resentment. We shouldn’t respect that.
            There is racial and social overtones in just about anything anymore. I choose not to go there. We gotta be bigger than the problem. If you wanna change something then don't do what you were doing. Like I said. It's not hard to do. Sometimes we don't know the weight of certain burdens.
            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

This is what I was talking about above with regards to Limbaugh creating problems that exist to this day because he invented a new kind of political talk radio.

This is the sort stuff Limbaugh would give hours to on his radio show every week.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1362930155140751363

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                This is what I was talking about above with regards to Limbaugh creating problems that exist to this day because he invented a new kind of political talk radio.

This is the sort stuff Limbaugh would give hours to on his radio show every week.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1362930155140751363
                Everything is racist anymore. Whether you disliked Trump or Rush, you can at least agree that there are a lot of Certifiables out there on both sides. It seems social media has destroyed any middle ground there may have been out there but that's not entirely true. I choose to believe the majority of people want the middle ground, contrary to what they read on the internet.
                Isaiah 5:20

Comment

I think most folk are comfortable with a middle...but of course there are all shades and parts of a middle.

The internet is a fantastic tool, but it has lots of junk as well. That's all media, but with its accessibility, the internet is far out and beyond anything.

Limbaugh outkicked his coverage on reach and influence.
                  At his best, he could make you think or give a laugh at the National Enquirer absurdity of his rants.
                  at his worst, he could be insulting, condescending and infuriating.
                  he admitted years ago that his schtick was often scripted,
                  And many of his 'thoughts' came from writers and producers....he just got to be a lightning rod...a well paid one after several years.

Those that despised him always will. Those that mistakenly took him as gospel...
                  even after he backtracked...always will.

But...as Dandy Don used to sing "Turn out the lights the Party's Over".

Condolence to those that called him friend and the family that loved him.

Comment

That's funny...........

Limbaugh was polarizing well before Trump even considered the presidency. Limbaugh has been purposely provocative from the onset. Limbaugh's commentary and opinions are MUCH more the reason for the vitriol he received.

I stopped listening to him in the early 2000s after his drug addiction was revealed in the face of his harsh stance on drug users and abusers - that drug abuse wasn't a disease, but a choice and that lengthy prison terms were the answer. He was critical in leniency given in sentencing while receiving favorable leniency himself due to his status.
                    Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

I sort of wonder if we would've ever had a President Trump if not for Rush Limbaugh.

Comment

Limbaugh kicked off the modern Republican party's descent into grievance politics and it spiraled from there.

So no, I don't think a guy like Trump is even possible without Limbaugh. Spirit brought up the liberal NY Times thing, but I also don't think it's possible without the NYTimes. They treated him like a sideshow and then gave his lies and mistruths equal footing with that of more serious candidates. They let him lie and just say the worst possible things and their coverage (and that of most of the networks) was akin to saying "hey get a load of this guy!'

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Rush Limbaugh

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X