The 25 greatest opening lines to songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 25 greatest opening lines to songs

There are many aspects that define a great song, such as a truly special opening phrase or line. Some are downright legendary, even amid an exercise that is relatively subjective. That said, here's our list of 25 great opening lyrics of all time.

The 25 greatest opening lines to songs | Yardbarker
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    There are many aspects that define a great song, such as a truly special opening phrase or line. Some are downright legendary, even amid an exercise that is relatively subjective. That said, here's our list of 25 great opening lyrics of all time.

The 25 greatest opening lines to songs | Yardbarker
    List is a non-starter for leaving out THIS best opening lines ever:

"Well I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt"

Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

Agree.
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

and the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert .............

Since the tune is now in my head, I did a little digging. Interesting read:

https://www.wideopencountry.com/sund...y-behind-song/

Comment

I believe Kris's version of the lawn landing.
          Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The 25 greatest opening lines to songs

Collapse
          Working...
          X