X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by surveyor View Post

Does that include Wolf's "raputa the beauta" interaction in "Musta Got Lost"?
    "Take out your false teeth Mama, cuz I wanna SUCK YOUR GUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    J. Geils Band "Full House". The reaction of the fans to this event is worth a listen on it's own. Incredible interaction between band and audience.
    Does that include Wolf's "raputa the beauta" interaction in "Musta Got Lost"?

Leave a comment:

• Spiritof96
    replied
    Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

This is definitely one of the best live albums of all time.

I realize this probably won’t resonate with many of you, but Nine Inch Nails’ And All That Could Have Been is a masterpiece. You know a live album is good when its songs become the definitive versions in your mind. After being exposed to AATCHB, I listen to the same tracks on their respective studio albums and they just don’t sound quite right.
    Some songs by Muse are that way with me. Concert version WAY better than the studio.

Leave a comment:

• Downes Van Zandt
    replied
    Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    Nirvana's Unplugged in New York is their best album by far IMO.
    This is definitely one of the best live albums of all time.

I realize this probably won’t resonate with many of you, but Nine Inch Nails’ And All That Could Have Been is a masterpiece. You know a live album is good when its songs become the definitive versions in your mind. After being exposed to AATCHB, I listen to the same tracks on their respective studio albums and they just don’t sound quite right.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    Nirvana's Unplugged in New York is their best album by far IMO.

Also I love the Talking Heads and have seen Stop Making Sense, but to me that's not close to their best.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Dave
    replied
    J. Geils Band "Full House". The reaction of the fans to this event is worth a listen on it's own. Incredible interaction between band and audience.

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I'm not a big fan of live albums. Having said that Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" gets the nod from me.
    That's a very good one, as is Frampton Comes Alive and Cheap Trick Live at the Budokan, as well as the aforementioned "The Last Waltz" by The Band.

Not very many bands perform live as well as their studio cuts. I never cared much for The Who, Led Zeppelin or The Rolling Stones live. The Eagles perform well live, to the extent that they really try to capture the studio cut with the occasional change up in the pacing of the songs.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    I'm not a big fan of live albums. Having said that Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" gets the nod from me.

Leave a comment:

• capcat
    replied
    Originally posted by surveyor View Post

I'd have to drop "Europe `72" by Grateful Dead and add The Band's "The Last Waltz". Can't believe that's not on the list.
    The Band’s album is the first I thought of.

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Today's fans might not truly understand the love old-school music lovers have for the live album experience. If we can't get to a concert, this is the next best thing. Especially, in the 1970s and '80s, where live-recorded albums seemed to come out every week.

Still, these specific releases delivered some of the most memorable musical moments ever recorded. Here's a look at some of the best (in chronological order).

The 25 best live albums of all time (msn.com)
    I'd have to drop "Europe `72" by Grateful Dead and add The Band's "The Last Waltz". Can't believe that's not on the list.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    started a topic The 25 best live albums of all time

The 25 best live albums of all time

Today's fans might not truly understand the love old-school music lovers have for the live album experience. If we can't get to a concert, this is the next best thing. Especially, in the 1970s and '80s, where live-recorded albums seemed to come out every week.

Still, these specific releases delivered some of the most memorable musical moments ever recorded. Here's a look at some of the best (in chronological order).

The 25 best live albums of all time (msn.com)

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The 25 best live albums of all time

Collapse
Working...
X