No announcement yet.

Henry Silva, last surviving star of original 'Ocean's Eleven,' has died at 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Silva, last surviving star of original 'Ocean's Eleven,' has died at 95

Henry Silva, the rough and tough actor with more than 100 film appearances, died this week. He was 95.

Silva, known for his roles in "The Manchurian Candidate" and "Ocean's Eleven," among many others, died at the Motion Picture and Television Country House and Hospital in Woodland Hills, CA, on Wednesday, a family member confirmed.

Scott Silva, Henry’s son, told Variety his father passed away of natural causes.

The Hollywood "heavy" starred alongside some of the best in the industry as his prolific acting and tough look led him into major roles spanning decades.

Henry Silva, last surviving star of original 'Ocean's Eleven,' has died at 95 (msn.com)
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

It's sort of a cheesy movie but I've always enjoyed it. All star cast and 1960s Vegas makes it nostalgically good. I've had it on DVD for years. Silva was typecast most always as a villain.
    Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Henry Silva, last surviving star of original 'Ocean's Eleven,' has died at 95

Collapse
    Working...
    X