Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post

Nope I do not mind at all.....I am 57
    See... I assumed you would be over 50 or under 20 to have never seen a Star Wars film. I would hazard a guess that if one was born between 1970 and 1980 and male, they likely have seen Star Wars.
    Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• My brother-in-law is 33 and he's never seen one of them.

I can't fathom that and for me it's the equivalent of wearing a Duke sweatshirt and makes me want to punch him in the face, but he's a huge UK fan so it all evens out and we're cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
        My brother-in-law is 33 and he's never seen one of them.

I can't fathom that and for me it's the equivalent of wearing a Duke sweatshirt and makes me want to punch him in the face, but he's a huge UK fan so it all evens out and we're cool.
        33 is young enough that I can see it.
        Aspirational...

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
        I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

See... I assumed you would be over 50 or under 20 to have never seen a Star Wars film. I would hazard a guess that if one was born between 1970 and 1980 and male, they likely have seen Star Wars.

Those movies were never my cup of tea....I have never seen any Star Trek movies either

Comment

• I was 6 in 1977 when it came out and I saw it I know at least 10 times at the theater. I loved all three originals but was somewhat disappointed in the prequels. Each one of the prequels exceeded the previous and I thought the last one was good but nothing tops ESB. You don't know how excited I am for this movie. I will see it tomorrow before work and it can't get here soon enough. The reviews have been good but IMO it will be hard to top Mad Max Fury Road which was the best movie I saw this year.
            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
              I was 6 in 1977 when it came out and I saw it I know at least 10 times at the theater. I loved all three originals but was somewhat disappointed in the prequels. Each one of the prequels exceeded the previous and I thought the last one was good but nothing tops ESB. You don't know how excited I am for this movie. I will see it tomorrow before work and it can't get here soon enough. The reviews have been good but IMO it will be hard to top Mad Max Fury Road which was the best movie I saw this year.
              I was too young in 78 but it was re-released in theaters I think in 79 and my parents took me... LIFE ALTERING EXPERIENCE!!!

I liked the first prequel in the moment, but generally think they suck. In fact, in my world, they don't exist.
              Aspirational...

Comment

I am 52 and saw the first three. I liked them all. I just think its overkill now. Also I doubt I would be interested in that type of movie now.
                Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

• I thought it was awesome. It had the feel of 4,5,and 6 from the opening, to the score and humor. It was light years better than the first 3. I'd put it on par with Jedi but no way near as good as 4 or 5. Interesting plot twist in this one I didn't see coming.
                  Last edited by Blue Heaven; 12-19-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I thought it was awesome. It had the feel of 4,5,and 6 from the opwning, to the score and humor. It was light years better than the first 3. I'd put it on par with Jodi but no way near as good as 4 or 5. Interesting plot twist in this one I didn't see coming.
                    I really enjoyed the first half when it was mostly new characters. I thought the longer it went the more it devolved into self parody with a little too much fan service for my taste. There was something toward the end that I stridently objected to.

On the whole, I thought it was beautiful, fun, and I like the new protagonist.
                    Aspirational...

Comment

I really enjoyed the first half when it was mostly new characters. I thought the longer it went the more it devolved into self parody with a little too much fan service for my taste. There was something toward the end that I stridently objected to.

On the whole, I thought it was beautiful, fun, and I like the new protagonist.
                      I objected as well. I'm pretty sure I know what you're referring to, though it coulda been 2 or 3 things. I still thought it was a good movie. I'm digging the protagonist as well. I knew who it was going into it as it was fairly obvious, but the chracter exceeded my expectations. I will see this again.

Comment

I objected as well. I'm pretty sure I know what you're referring to, though it coulda been 2 or 3 things. I still thought it was a good movie. I'm digging the protagonist as well. I knew who it was going into it as it was fairly obvious, but the chracter exceeded my expectations. I will see this again.
                        I am certain your guess is correct.
                        Aspirational...

Comment

• Saw a dvd screener of The Revenant. Holy smokes what a great movie. It's based on the true story of Hugh Glass, a legendary fur trader, hunter, and trapper who while on a fur trading expedition on the frontier gets mauled my a grizzly and left for dead by "friends". They also killed his son. Legend has it he crawled 200 miles to safety though the movie doesn't hint at how long or far it took him. It doesn't matter. After he heals, he exacts his revenge. This movie's cinematography and sound are superb and it's one of the best I have ever seen on film. Just marvelous to hear and see. . Tom Hardy is great but this is Dicaprios movie. First rate entertainment and HIGHLY recommended.

Comment

• Sorry I double posted. Phone acting weird.

Comment

• Ok, I watched this again because it is that good and I'm convinced that this will win Best Picture. This movie is unlike any I've seen, particularly the Grizzly scene. That 5 minute scene is without a doubt the best thing I have seen in a movie in quite some time. Maybe ever. Words can't describe it. I know this movie isn't out yet. I know it seems I'm robbing the film. I will go see this on the big screen because it deserves my money. It also deserves numerous Oscars.

Comment

• ^ My wife saw the previews of it and wants to go see it. It does look good. I had to look up Glass in WIKI. I had never heard of him. He seemed like a remarkable person.
                                Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X