Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEADPOOL........this movie is flat out awesome......it is funny and action filled......FYI.....not for kids

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Creed.

This has been reviewed and discussed at length since it came out, but it's almost shockingly good. The lead actor is wooden, but this movie has energy and heart to spare. Like the new Star Wars, it got the balance just right between being its own film and paying homage to the original Rocky films.

Flat-out great.
      I talked about it a while back on here and nobody bit. I thought it was awesome as well. Sly was up for a Golden Globe for best supporting actor but not sure if he is for an Oscar. It would be a shame if he wasn't because he had a fantastic performance in Creed. I loved this movie.
      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• Didn't think Michael Jordan was wooden in "Creed." He's one of my favorite young actors.

Will always remember him as Wallace (R.I.P.) in "The Wire." His work in indie fave "Fruitvale Station" was excellent, as well. It's directed by the same guy that directed "Creed" and it's a fantastic (and depressing) true story about Oscar Grant, who was murdered by a police office in Oakland.

Not really sure why Sly is getting award recognition for his work in "Creed," other than nostalgia purposes. He's fine, but it's the same performance he's given in every "Rocky." Maybe it's because the movie itself is much better than the previous few "Rocky" installments.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
          Didn't think Michael Jordan was wooden in "Creed." He's one of my favorite young actors.

Will always remember him as Wallace (R.I.P.) in "The Wire." His work in indie fave "Fruitvale Station" was excellent, as well. It's directed by the same guy that directed "Creed" and it's a fantastic (and depressing) true story about Oscar Grant, who was murdered by a police office in Oakland.

Not really sure why Sly is getting award recognition for his work in "Creed," other than nostalgia purposes. He's fine, but it's the same performance he's given in every "Rocky." Maybe it's because the movie itself is much better than the previous few "Rocky" installments.
          Where's Wallace, String?!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
            DEADPOOL........this movie is flat out awesome......it is funny and action filled......FYI.....not for kids
            Saw this on valentines day. It wasn't boring like Ant Man.

I expected it to be more funny, more violent, and more raunchy. Like a comic book Tarantino film. I didn't expect the sexual content... I suppose after HBO shows it has become inescapable.
            Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
            He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
            Originally posted by Charlie Munger
            I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Where's Wallace, String?!
              I don't want this Payless wearin' MF representing me. Where the boy at, String?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Saw this on valentines day. It wasn't boring like Ant Man.

I expected it to be more funny, more violent, and more raunchy. Like a comic book Tarantino film. I didn't expect the sexual content... I suppose after HBO shows it has become inescapable.
                Did you read the comics? If so, you shouldn't have been surprised.

Comment

Did you read the comics? If so, you shouldn't have been surprised.
                  I have read a few. It's been a while.

It was never on my pull list.
                  Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                  He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                  Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                  I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Yes. Reviewed it above.

It's good. Visually shocking. Probably not a classic or anything but well worth the watch.

We watched while snowed in yesterday. It was good. Not a jump scare type movie but more of a psychological horror movie. It's very similar to an old movie called The Other. I also thought is was somewhat like the Babadook. It was worth the watch.
                    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinHall View Post

We watched while snowed in yesterday. It was good. Not a jump scare type movie but more of a psychological horror movie. It's very similar to an old movie called The Other. I also thought is was somewhat like the Babadook. It was worth the watch.
                      It Follows, Goodnight Mommy, and The Babadook are all similar films.

Similar use of sound. Same use of "no-name" actors. All three filmmakers clearly giving nods and winks to other famous horror movies. I liked all three and thought they each gave something to the uneven history of the horror film.

I'm hearing The Witch, which opens Friday, is very scary.

Comment

Similar use of sound. Same use of "no-name" actors. All three filmmakers clearly giving nods and winks to other famous horror movies. I liked all three and thought they each gave something to the uneven history of the horror film.

Going to see it this weekend with the wife. Might see you there, Will lol

Comment

Just bought tickets for that one. I bought them ahead of time because we found this Cinema Draft house that we really liked. You have to buy tickets ahead of time to make sure to have a good seat and not down in the front row.
                          Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Going to see it this weekend with the wife. Might see you there, Will lol
                            It's a total shame that we've never caught a movie together.

Though you may hate it cause I tend to open candy wrappers loudly and for elongated periods of time. I also pronounce Reese's Pieces "Reecee's Peeces" so you'd have to deal with that.

Comment

It's a total shame that we've never caught a movie together.

Though you may hate it cause I tend to open candy wrappers loudly and for elongated periods of time. I also pronounce Reese's Pieces "Reecee's Peeces" so you'd have to deal with that.
                              Reese's Pieces are gross.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Reese's Pieces are gross.
                                The Sno Caps contingent ways in I see?

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X