Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

The Sno Caps contingent ways in I see?
    GAG. If non-chocolate, I'm smuggling in Haribo gummy bears; if chocolate, it's Butterfinger all the way. Reece's Pieces are all PB, no chocolate. I like PB on its own, but in those it's strangely sweet in a not so good way.

Comment

It's a total shame that we've never caught a movie together.

Though you may hate it cause I tend to open candy wrappers loudly and for elongated periods of time. I also pronounce Reese's Pieces "Reecee's Peeces" so you'd have to deal with that.
      Popcorn with M&Ms sprinkled in it is the ONLY way to go. Sublime mixture of sweet and salty.

Perhaps some Raisinets if I'm feeling really frisky.

And let me know if you want to catch a movie sometime, in a completely man-friend kind of way. Wife and I just got back from "Deadpool." Really entertaining. Basically a Marvel "Kick-Ass."
      Last edited by KCKUKFan; 02-16-2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

GAG. If non-chocolate, I'm smuggling in Haribo gummy bears; if chocolate, it's Butterfinger all the way. Reece's Pieces are all PB, no chocolate. I like PB on its own, but in those it's strangely sweet in a not so good way.
        Downes, I knew I liked you.

Haribo gummy bears are God's gift to humans. The best gummy on the market; accept no substitutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Saw this on valentines day. It wasn't boring like Ant Man.

I expected it to be more funny, more violent, and more raunchy. Like a comic book Tarantino film. I didn't expect the sexual content... I suppose after HBO shows it has become inescapable.

I loved it...guess everybody has their own opinions

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

Popcorn with M&Ms sprinkled in it is the ONLY way to go. Sublime mixture of sweet and salty.

Perhaps some Raisinets if I'm feeling really frisky.

And let me know if you want to catch a movie sometime, in a completely man-friend kind of way. Wife and I just got back from "Deadpool." Really entertaining. Basically a Marvel "Kick-Ass."
            We get out these days with such horrendous infrequency that it's almost impossible to set something up. We used to have no problems as we had two teenage babysitters who could come over, but now one of those babysitters is getting married and the other has moved to LaGrange. So: no babysitter = no going-out time. It's basically the only reason I yearn for my kids to grow up, but by then I'll be too old and will be taking cholesterol medication and will probably have to smuggle kale into the theater.

Also when it's Kentucky basketball season we plan everything we do around that, so the middle of the week and most Saturdays are out.

So what I'm saying is if you want to catch a movie we'd have to do it at like midnight on a Sunday. Let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

Downes, I knew I liked you.

Haribo gummy bears are God's gift to humans. The best gummy on the market; accept no substitutes.
              Back atcha, KC. Glad to know there's at least one other member of this board with discerning taste in candy. Anyone ever tried to offer you Trolli gummy bears? Or Black Forest? Or, God forbid, Great Value? Gag a maggot. No other gummy bear can match the firm chewiness or the not-too-sweet fruitiness of Haribo.

To me, they're as synonymous a name as Band-Aid.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post

I loved it...guess everybody has their own opinions
                It wasn't like I didn't like it. I think I was expecting something a little different. I very much like comic book movies that keep the scope of the story smallish like you were reading a comic.

Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Back atcha, KC. Glad to know there's at least one other member of this board with discerning taste in candy. Anyone ever tried to offer you Trolli gummy bears? Or Black Forest? Or, God forbid, Great Value? Gag a maggot. No other gummy bear can match the firm chewiness or the not-too-sweet fruitiness of Haribo.

My Daughter bought some gummies a while back that claimed to be the best gummies ever. They put Haribo to shame and I love gummies. I'll try to find out the name. Welch's has some really awesome gummies as well.
                  Isaiah 5:20

Comment

I have a friend that swears by Black Forest. That friend is wrong.

Let's put it this way: my Christmas stocking from my wife this year had six (count 'em - SIX) bags of Haribos in it. And they were all gone by New Years Eve.

Comment

• My Christmas stocking had a huge box of Dots in it. I'd try to smuggle it into the theater but I would need a size 54 pant.

Comment

• Only Christmas candy I got was one of those chocolate oranges that you strike against a table to break into slices.

Comment

Only Christmas candy I got was one of those chocolate oranges that you strike against a table to break into slices.

Love those. We actually still have one left from Christmas. We got all kinds of Moose Munch this year. That's a killer too.
                          Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

My Christmas stocking had a huge box of Dots in it. I'd try to smuggle it into the theater but I would need a size 54 pant.
                            ooh, Dots! My fave hands down. I think we need to start a candy thread, lol.
                            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• Brooklyn.

This is an amazing little movie. Very old-fashioned, it's the story of an Irish girl who comes to America to start a new life. She struggles, falls in love, lives life...this is the story of the immigrant experience in brilliant miniature. The plot here isn't as important as the atmosphere of this film. And the filmmakers get the atmosphere exactly right: this is a beautiful, sweet, incredibly moving film that everybody should see. The colors and the costumes alone are worth the watch. Every frame is like a painting.

A masterpiece.

Comment

• We went to The Witch Saturday evening. I didn't really care for it. Very unsatisfying ending to it that really gave no resolution. Also found the dialogue very hard to understand during most of the movie which probably contributed to my not liking it. I know it was keeping with the setting of the 1630's but it was a the dialogue that was a very hard Olde English that none of us are used to hearing. The acting was very good overall. The young girl who played Thomasine was very good and the father was very good too. You also have to like it anytime an ornery old goat takes over. Still I wouldn't see it again even when it finally hits Netflix or Amazon Prime.
                                Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X