Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predestination.

Ethan Hawke stars as a government agent who travels through time to stop a bomber in 1970s New York.

The poster of this movie makes it look like an action flick, but it isn't. This is a moody, meandering film that owes a lot to the Chris Nolan Batman movies and to the great Minority Report. It stretches its conceit to the max and really doesn't have a lot to say that other time-travel movies have said a million times, but what's different about this is how much care went into making it. It takes itself very seriously, and in so doing it kind of makes you pay attention. The way it moves, the weight of the characters, the lighting and the score--it all kind of adds up to something that's far more weighty than the subject matter.

This is far better than your average action/adventure sci-fi romp, but it misses greatness by a pretty wide mark. Just not enough going on for it in the script. Still, I recommend it. It reminded me of the Matt Damon vehicle The Adjustment Bureau, but this is a much better movie.

Comment

The Family and I watched Lego Movie and Big Hero 6 last night. Big Hero was good but I thought Lego was Great! While the animation was good, the story was what made it along with some very funny lines. There was adult humor in this as well as jokes kids would get. It was one of the best animated movies I have seen and one of the best movies I've seen this year. I highly recommend it.
      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Big Hero 6. Very much deserving of its recent award.

Comment

Furious 7.

In a word, awesome. Not even the long running time or all the faults that came with it can diminish how awesome this movie was. At one point, I realized that this was no longer a movie based in any kind of reasonable universe where the good guys get cuts and bruises. The franchise has created their own universe where the good guys can withstand the most intense, extreme, unrealistic, undeniably craziest situations and still leave the burning wreckage without so much as a scratch of blood, except when it's sort of necessary to the story.

And I'm completely okay with that.

4 out of 5.

Comment

Run All Night.....never pass up a movie with Liam Neeson.....this was really good

Comment

The last move I saw was American Sniper. I saw it the weekend it came out. I had read the book a number of times and figured Eastwood would do it right. It is a fantastic movie. There is one thing in the movie that didnt happen in real life, but I understand the reason it was done. Chris Kyle's father met with Eastwood and Cooper before filming. He said "If you screw up my son's legacy, I will kill you." Eastwood did a great job showing the struggles of desire to serve your country vs necessity of being there for your family.

Comment

It Follows.

An insane conceit. Tremendous acting. One of the wildest, most bone-jarring soundtracks I've heard in horror films. Perfect atmosphere. Enough horror movie hat-tips to re-stoke a person's interest in the entire genre. And some truly brilliant set-pieces.

This movie has stuck with me since I saw it this weekend. I've found myself thinking about it at odd times. That's the mark of a good movie.

One of the two or three best horror films I've ever seen. Almost mind-bendingly good. Everything about it works.

Highest recommendation.

Comment

And let's talk about that soundtrack for a minute.

What twisted geniuses came up with that? It's like John Carpenter's soul was ripped out and slathered all over a synthesizer. I've never seen a movie where the music fit what's going on more than that score. So incredibly good I don't even know where to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                    It Follows.

An insane conceit. Tremendous acting. One of the wildest, most bone-jarring soundtracks I've heard in horror films. Perfect atmosphere. Enough horror movie hat-tips to re-stoke a person's interest in the entire genre. And some truly brilliant set-pieces.

This movie has stuck with me since I saw it this weekend. I've found myself thinking about it at odd times. That's the mark of a good movie.

One of the two or three best horror films I've ever seen. Almost mind-bendingly good. Everything about it works.

Highest recommendation.

Saw It Tuesday...all I can say is WOW....that music was unreal

I would see it again just for the music
                    Last edited by TrueblueCATfan; 04-16-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

The Long Ride-- sweet, entertaining, crazy bull riding. Scott Eastwood - quite charming

Comment

Danny Collins, the new Al Pacino movie

Comment

Interstellar a few weeks back. Amazing.

Been working through the chronological order of the Marvel movies in anticipation of Age of Ultron.

Comment

I got a chance to see the Avengers 2 today at 9 a.m. and it was completely worth it. I loved every single second of the movie. I lowered my expectations early on after seeing a few critical reviews here and there, but in the end those didn't even matter to me. Because the movie exceeded my original expectations anyway. I'm really glad I got to see this. It's going to be crazy this weekend trying to watch this movie in a theater. I imagine it's going to break all kinds of records.

I actually do not remember a time when I felt sad about seeing a movie, because I knew that I would never get the chance to see that movie again for the first time. That's kind of how I feel for Avengers 2. I've been waiting so long for this movie to come out and it's finally here. And it's sad and in a way but that also shows me how great of a movie experience this was. I'm also excited for the future of these movies.

5/5

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderstruck View Post
                              I got a chance to see the Avengers 2 today at 9 a.m. and it was completely worth it. I loved every single second of the movie. I lowered my expectations early on after seeing a few critical reviews here and there, but in the end those didn't even matter to me. Because the movie exceeded my original expectations anyway. I'm really glad I got to see this. It's going to be crazy this weekend trying to watch this movie in a theater. I imagine it's going to break all kinds of records.

I actually do not remember a time when I felt sad about seeing a movie, because I knew that I would never get the chance to see that movie again for the first time. That's kind of how I feel for Avengers 2. I've been waiting so long for this movie to come out and it's finally here. And it's sad and in a way but that also shows me how great of a movie experience this was. I'm also excited for the future of these movies.

5/5
                              Wow! Big review.

I am hoping to see it this weekend. You have allayed my fears that it would pale in comparison to the first one.
                              Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Took my Fangirl Daughter to see Avengers last night. While she was all Fangirling the whole time, I was focused because I wanted to compare it to the last one. It was really good, especially in 3D. Outside of the bomb Prometheus, it was the best LOOKING movie I have ever watched. This movie had A LOT going on at the same time. Marvel is trying hard to bring it's universe together and thi9s movie is no different. It's tying A LOT of movies together which makes you wonder where it is all going. It's hard to keep up, but I live in the now, and this movie was AWESOME! It's as good as the first Avengers but no more because of all the story lines. Stay for the credits. How they will tie Guardians to this is beyond me. I can ask my Daughter that question and she will have my head spinning for hours. Doesn't matter though. See this movie for the incredible eye/brain candy.
                                Isaiah 5:20

Comment

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X