Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Avengers on Sat.

They do a great job of bringing a comic book to life. (convoluted plot and all) I could have (and would have liked) to see about 20 -30 minutes trimmed as it seemed a little bloated; but on the whole I really enjoyed myself. It was about as much fun as the last one.

I really wish WB could do the same with their DC comics Universe; but we have seen how that goes...
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Saw Avengers yesterday...I agree with everyone else....a must see movie

and that THOR is not bad to look at either

Comment

Last Night I watched on Netfllix a documentary called Dockumentary. It is about former MLB pitcher Dock Ellis. Those of you about my age (52) probably remember him. It is a good documenatary about a very smart person who nearly destroyed himself with drugs and alcohol. He came back from the abyss of that and helped many other people overcome their addictions. It was also good see many of his former teammates and other MLB players from that time talk about their experiences with him. He did some crazy things as a player that makes it entertaining to watch. But scary too in what drugs and alcohol will cause a person to do.
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Heat- Saw this at the old JTown 4 theater back in 95 with my good buddy to this day and roommate at the time. DVR'd this the other day and am watching it now. Just a great movie with complex characters. DeNiro and Pacino are excellent and the supporting actors are fantastic as well. One of my favorite films ever.
          Isaiah 5:20

Comment

American History X- Great movie that deals with racism. Edward Norton might've given the best performance I have ever seen on film. I had seen this before back in the day. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dvr this and watch it again. It was as good as I remembered. Highly recommend.

Comment

Saw UNFRIENDED today.......ugh.....not so good

Comment

I am pumped to see the Mad Max:Fury Road. It's currently a 98% at Rottentomatoes and IMDb is a 9.2. These are insane ratings for a mindless over the top non-stop action movie. Read a few reviews that said it was the best movie of the year which is also insane when you think about it. The first time I saw this trailer I told myself if the movie is as good as this, then it would become a classic. It seems I was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                  I am pumped to see the Mad Max:Fury Road. It's currently a 98% at Rottentomatoes and IMDb is a 9.2. These are insane ratings for a mindless over the top non-stop action movie. Read a few reviews that said it was the best movie of the year which is also insane when you think about it. The first time I saw this trailer I told myself if the movie is as good as this, then it would become a classic. It seems I was right.
                  The trailer sort of left me cold. I don't see how it could measure up to the Road Warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

The trailer sort of left me cold. I don't see how it could measure up to the Road Warrior.
                    I know what you mean. I grew up watching Mad Max and The Road Warrior whenever it was on. LOVED those movies. But everything I've read said it blows them out of the water. That's a bold statement. Interesting tidbit- The guy who played Toecutter is the villian in this movie. I'll be seeing it tomorrow.

Comment

Mad Max:Fury Road- Wow what a theater experience! George Miller, the director of the previous Mad Max films and movies such as Babe and Happy Feet is at the top of his game. This is a non stop thrill ride. Outside of a lull or two,the movie is basically one constant chase scene. Forget Steve McQueen's Bullet or Gene Hackman's French Connection. While those movies are great they would be hard pressed to match what Miller has done as far as chase scenes go. You will be amazed by what you see here. Charlize Theron steals Tom Hardy's movie and is a Linda Hamilton to Arnie in this movie. But make no mistake about it, that doesn't water down this movie. As an action film only, it's the best I've ever seen. This is more than that, however, and is one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time. A few weeks ago I reviewed the new Avengers and said it was the best LOOKING movie I have ever seen. This movie tops that. The reviews are legit folks. I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun at the movies. This is a sure fire blockbuster and it's not to be missed. This movie is expertly shot, paced and scored. The 3d was decent and one could get away with seeing it in 2d and still be amazed. My highest recommendation. Go see this movie.
                      Last edited by Blue Heaven; 05-15-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Have never seen the kind of critical reception Mad Max is getting. It's crazy.

Comment

Will, I expected a lot out of this movie. I was a Mad Max nut when I was a younger, especially in regards to the first two installments. This movie exceeded my expectations. I read where Mel Gibson was Miller's guest at the premier of Fury Road. Miller said he was giggling in approval and nudging him in the side during the whole show. If I wasn't by myself, I would have been doing the same thing (my Wife and Daughter don't like action flicks). I like a little of everything when it comes to movies. This is at the very top of the action genre. It seems to be getting some flak from the feminists but I didn't see it. If anything, it lifts women up. It's got that Ripley feel to it, which is fine with me.
                          Last edited by Blue Heaven; 05-15-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Was also a big Mad Max fan as a kid. It was one of my dad's favorite movies.

Also: Repo Man, The Re-Animator, Amazon Women from the Moon, etc.

My dad liked weird, borderline insane stuff. He had no qualms about showing this sort of stuff to me at a very young age. It's ironic because we won't let our kids (11 and 8) watch anything of the sort. But I think it was good for me in a lot of ways. Very early my sensitivity to being shocked was pretty much blown away.

Comment

LOVED Repo Man and Re-Animator. From Beyond is another good horror movie I grew up with. You will love Fury Road.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                                Mad Max:Fury Road- Wow what a theater experience! George Miller, the director of the previous Mad Max films and movies such as Babe and Happy Feet is at the top of his game. This is a non stop thrill ride. Outside of a lull or two,the movie is basically one constant chase scene. Forget Steve McQueen's Bullet or Gene Hackman's French Connection. While those movies are great they would be hard pressed to match what Miller has done as far as chase scenes go. You will be amazed by what you see here. Charlize Theron steals Tom Hardy's movie and is a Linda Hamilton to Arnie in this movie. But make no mistake about it, that doesn't water down this movie. As an action film only, it's the best I've ever seen. This is more than that, however, and is one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time. A few weeks ago I reviewed the new Avengers and said it was the best LOOKING movie I have ever seen. This movie tops that. The reviews are legit folks. I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun at the movies. This is a sure fire blockbuster and it's not to be missed. This movie is expertly shot, paced and scored. The 3d was decent and one could get away with seeing it in 2d and still be amazed. My highest recommendation. Go see this movie.
                                Wow!

I had planned to miss this and catch it on DVD. Given this review, I might need to reconsider.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X