Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Believe it or not, watched Hamilton this past week. Anyone that can make Alexander Hamilton and Burr halfway entertaining is genius.
    Tremendous talent. 'Washinton on your side' keeps rolling in the mind. Along with a about ten other tunes.

had to listen to some Stones, Three Dog Night and Seger to get the Hamilton ear worms out.

Comment

• Hamilton is an absolute masterpiece. I had heard the soundtrack album numerous times before (and enjoyed it), but seeing the show this weekend put the pieces together.

As a fan of hip-hop music, I adore how slavishly Miranda worked to stay true to that genre, while also managing to root the show completely in musical theater. Brilliant performances, brilliant storytelling, and some of the best music I've ever heard. It's worth every bit praise that it has received.

Comment

• Lol...actually wonder if the relationships portrayed between the founding fathers aren't more accurate than the stately portraits and flowery write ups we read.
        it's easy to forget how hard these guys work. Chris Jackson stated he played Washington eight times a week for a year...said it took 2 years for his voice to normalize. Daveed Diggs was in an interview with Colbert. Colbert said he could watch the show a hundred times. Diggs just shook his head and said he had played Lafayette/Jefferson 520 times, so he was in no hurry to do it again.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching Parasite after it being suggested daily on hulu. I LOVED it. Fantastic movie that has a lot of genres going on. I remember calling BS when it won Best Picture. I see why now.
          Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• Tenet- It was great going to the movies again! Even though there were only four other people in there, i relished watching a movie in XD again. This is a difficult movie to comprehend if you aren't paying attention. I think i got a handle on it, but another watch is in the cards because this movie was so danged awesome. There is a part in this movie where our Protagonist has to retrieve something from the future. What comes next is a fantastic action sequence in reverse that draws the movie together. You just don't know it's doing that until the ending. I loved this movie and Nolan is my favorite director. His fascination with Time, and how he puts it on screen, is an amazing achievement in his films. This one takes the cake. Go see this movie but you may have to see it multiple times.

Comment

• Another thing about Tenet is that i wish i would've brought ear plugs. This is a LOUD movie! That is a drawback of Nolan's recent films. Also, no Hans Zimmer Score in this, but Ludwig Goransson fills in admirably.

Comment

• Time for my two times a year watch of John Carpenter’s The Thing. It’s not only my favorite horror movie of all time, it’s in my Top 10 of any movie genre. This was released around the time ET came out and it was slammed by critics. It took years later for this movie to receive it’s due. It’s Carpenter’s best movie IMO. The Antarctic location added the the fear and dread. It’s a clever mystery as well. The F/X still hold up to this day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                  Time for my two times a year watch of John Carpenter’s The Thing. It’s not only my favorite horror movie of all time, it’s in my Top 10 of any movie genre. This was released around the time ET came out and it was slammed by critics. It took years later for this movie to receive it’s due. It’s Carpenter’s best movie IMO. The Antarctic location added the the fear and dread. It’s a clever mystery as well. The F/X still hold up to this day.
                  Masterpiece. Would make my Top 25 movies of all time list.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

Masterpiece. Would make my Top 25 movies of all time list.
                    What you think about Tenet KC?

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official Last Movie You Saw Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X