Interesting beers of note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post

Nothing but the best. The 'Boys are looking good with Kellen Moore calling the plays.
    We'll find out if it was a fluke against Washington
    Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

• Was able to purchase both the Great Lakes and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest offerings. I prefer the Sierra Nevada by a margin, it seems to have more carbonation to it. I like it but would probably pick this year’s Sam Adams version out of the three. None of the three are a bad choice! Fall is upon us!

Comment

• I like the Sam Adams too, Matt. They have come a long way over the years.
        Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• Buddy gave me a Fretboard Brewing Company Bootsy. It's a hazy ipa. Brewed in Cincy. Pretty good. Maybe Dwight's had it?

Comment

Buddy gave me a Fretboard Brewing Company Bootsy. It's a hazy ipa. Brewed in Cincy. Pretty good. Maybe Dwight's had it?
            I have only had one of Fretboards offerings at a work event last year. It was good. A friend gave me a growler of an IPA from Bircus Brewing down in Ludlow (little town on the river just west of Covington). It was good, after things can reopen I want to check out their tap room.

Ive been drinking the hell out of Tropic Flare from Braxton Brewing. It’s a New England style IPA with a citrusy Note to it. I love it.
            Last edited by Dwight Schrute; 05-13-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• I also bought a 15 pack of Braxton Garage Beer. It’s nothing earth shattering, but when you just want a beer it’s quite tasty.

Comment

• Braxton makes some good beers. Gonna have to try those.
                Liquor store up here in town always has a good beer selection. They had Founders Breakfast Stout 4 pks for 5$ last weekend. They said it was out of date. Was bottled 9-19-19 but that stout lasts a good while. That was a killer score.
                Last edited by Blue Heaven; 05-13-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Great Lakes Oktoberfest is already out! In July! I can't get enough of these fall beers but releasing it in the dog days of summer? Still. I bought it. It's as good as ever. Waiting for Sierra Nevadas Oktoberfest to come out as well as Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale. They always signal the start of Fall for me. Nothing like a fall beer when the weather is cool and football is being played.

Comment

• Sounds good, but I have to wait until it cools off some for sure. There isn’t much better than a fall afternoon/evening spent in our state!

Comment

• I’ve been reacquainting myself with cheap beers I can buy in 24 packs. So far I would rank them:

-Yuengling
                      -Budweiser
                      -Bud Select
                      -Miller Light
                      -Bud Light
                      -PBR
                      -Miller High Life
                      -Coors
                      -Busch Light
                      -Corona (Not the greatest name right now to be honest)

I’ve been drinking better beers too, but reacquainting myself with the right side of the Kroger beer aisle has been fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                        Sounds good, but I have to wait until it cools off some for sure. There isn’t much better than a fall afternoon/evening spent in our state!
                        Agreed Matt. Also looking forward to West 6th’s Snake Eyes Stout. West 6th just may be my favorite Brewery. Never had a bad one.
                        I have been on an information kick looking to make my own beer. I will go with the Brew in a Bag method if I do and do small batches. I already have some of the equipment.

Comment

Agreed Matt. Also looking forward to West 6th’s Snake Eyes Stout. West 6th just may be my favorite Brewery. Never had a bad one.
                          I have been on an information kick looking to make my own beer. I will go with the Brew in a Bag method if I do and do small batches. I already have some of the equipment.
                          I’ve walked around party source a bunch looking at home brewing equipment but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                            I’ve been reacquainting myself with cheap beers I can buy in 24 packs. So far I would rank them:

-Yuengling
                            -Budweiser
                            -Bud Select
                            -Miller Light
                            -Bud Light
                            -PBR
                            -Miller High Life
                            -Coors
                            -Busch Light
                            -Corona (Not the greatest name right now to be honest)

I’ve been drinking better beers too, but reacquainting myself with the right side of the Kroger beer aisle has been fun.
                            Nothing wrong with the cheap beers. When it’s summertime I really like Bud Light Lime Or Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy. Those Hazy IPAs are really good to this time of year. Upland Brewery based in Bloomington, Indiana has a fantastic hazy IPA called Vortex.

Comment

• Took a break from the cheap swill to pick up a 6'er of Moerlein's Blood Orange IPA. Just sounded good.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	BCS_Orignal_2020_rendering.png Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	249665
                                Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. This is an exceptional stout. At 14.5% it can be aged about 5-7 years. $12 a pop but well worth it.
                                surveyor the Smokers Outlet in town has a few cases.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Interesting beers of note

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X