No announcement yet.

Butch Jones Has Been Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Jones getting fired, that Makes Stoops the longest tenured coach in the SEC East

Comment

One of the Nashville sportscasters was commenting this new hire would be Tennessee's fifth coach in eleven years.
      Jones recruited at a VERY high level. I believe top fifteen perhaps top ten classes.

Transfers, injuries (an enormous number of those),
      And an inability to get those top level recruits coached up got him.

Love him, hate him....Butch Jones could have succeeded for a career at a Cincinnati, perhaps Wake Forest level.
      Not under a hot lamp like Tennessee. Unless something unheard of happening, I think Fullmer was the last coach for a while that could get Tennessee into the big light.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
        Butch's recruiting at Tennessee has been pretty darn good, hasn't it?
        Yes.

But now it's time for

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hee Haw The Next Generation.jpg Views:	2 Size:	16.4 KB ID:	147727

They're already losing commitments from their current class.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LuluAndJunior.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	147732
        Last edited by Old School; 11-13-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Is UT really going to get Gruden?

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
            I don't think so.
            The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
              I would laugh if they did. The notion that Gruden is going to hop off the couch and be any good at all as a college football coach is absurd. And no, he isn't leaving his cush multi-million dollar gig with ESPN to coach UT with that pressure and those fan expectations. That would be like getting Al McGuire or Mike Fratello to leave the booth to come Coach basketball at UK after Billy Clide ...
              Last edited by Spiritof96; 11-14-2017, 09:50 AM.
              Originally posted by Eli "Montgomery Burns" Capilouto
              Welcome to the University of Kroger! Can I have a dollar?

Comment

I don't expect it to happen either, but if you'll look around for a moment you'll see that the idea is picking up steam in a much more intense way than in the past. Allegedly, Gruden has "put out feelers" to other coaches who he'd like to have on his staff.

Comment

Oh my......
                  i.had thought that idea of Gruden a far fetch.
                  Now I just think it would be a huge mistake over the long run.

The again I thought Alabama was out of their minds paying Saban.the state treasury. Turned out to be a steal.

Comment

I thought hiring Saban and paying a fortune was the smart thing to do for ,at the time. He was the name out there. As for Gruden, he has been out of the game a long time. I think it would be a huge mistake to get a guy like him. Doesn't mean he wouldn't hit it out of the park. But, I am skeptical. They would probably have to pay him a fortune, as well, because he knows he will eventually get fired, if things go south.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
                      I was surprised he wasn't after the UK loss. That is two in the SEC East that will be looking for new coaches. Two big dogs too. UK needs to take advantage of this next season as it may take a season or two for UT and UF to get back on track.
                      Why must Kentucky take advantage of UF/UT being "down "
                      Kentucky will not remain static and Stoop's teams have shown improvement every season, That will likely continue.

It's not a foregone conclusion that when UF and UT get "back" that they will then be unbeatable for Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFCOCATFAN View Post

Kentucky will not remain static and Stoop's teams have shown improvement every season, That will likely continue.

It's not a foregone conclusion that when UF and UT get "back" that they will then be unbeatable for Kentucky
                        UF and UT have a history. A good one at that. UK has been less than medicore for over 60 years. When/if UK ever gets to that level that UT and UF have been on for quite a while then I will say UK can take advantage of their being down. I just want UK to be a consistent 6 to 8 win team every season. If Stoops gets them to that level they should build a statue for him. UK just needs to strive also to beat one of UF,UT and UGA every season. If they can do that and beat the OOC teams on their schedule they will be doing real well.
                        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post

UF and UT have a history. A good one at that. UK has been less than medicore for over 60 years. When/if UK ever gets to that level that UT and UF have been on for quite a while then I will say UK can take advantage of their being down. I just want UK to be a consistent 6 to 8 win team every season. If Stoops gets them to that level they should build a statue for him. UK just needs to strive also to beat one of UF,UT and UGA every season. If they can do that and beat the OOC teams on their schedule they will be doing real well.
                          Great post, in my opinion.
                          The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

Comment

Getting back to the who will UT hire subject, for a moment, based on what I've read, and heard, I don't believe for one second it will be Gruden. I think Cutcliff is under serious consideration. If not him, I believe it could very well be Mike Leach or Gary Patterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                              Getting back to the who will UT hire subject, for a moment, based on what I've read, and heard, I don't believe for one second it will be Gruden. I think Cutcliff is under serious consideration. If not him, I believe it could very well be Mike Leach or Gary Patterson.
                              I don't either, now. That story caught fire for all of one evening. Everything since has strongly suggested that it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFCOCATFAN View Post

We've beaten UT twice in 35 years, and haven't beaten Florida in 31 years. Florida in particular is about as unbeatable as it gets for Kentucky.

Comment

Butch Jones Has Been Fired

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X