Would We Beat Mizzou Today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would We Beat Mizzou Today?

I feel like we caught Mizzou at the very last moment before they figured things out.

Would we beat them today?

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
    I feel like we caught Mizzou at the very last moment before they figured things out.

Would we beat them today?
    I don't think so.
    Originally posted by Eli "Montgomery Burns" Capilouto
    Welcome to the University of Kroger! Can I have a dollar?

Comment

Missouri had an excellent improvement curve as the season went on, but the second half of their schedule consists of weak teams and teams that were put in disarray by the first half of the season and/or coaching changes or uncertainty. Kentucky improved some facets of its game as well. It would be an interesting matchup, but I wouldn't count Kentucky out of it. Kentucky travels to Missouri next year and the defense will need to be prepared and focused.

South Carolina improved many facets of their game as the year went on, despite losing Deebo Samuel in the Kentucky game. The Georgia team that rolled over Kentucky today only got past Carolina by 2 TDs a couple of weeks ago. Carolina beat that Florida team that Kentucky couldn't put away. Though it's in Lexington, that'll be a tough test against an improving team next year, too.

It's really unfortunate that, in a year when UK beat the #2 East team (South Carolina), Tennessee and Missouri while hammering Vanderbilt, those 4th quarter leads against Ole Miss and Florida slipped away. A tie for first place in the SEC East (losing on the head to head tiebreaker) and playing Louisville at home for a 10-2 record and invitation to the Citrus or Outback bowl (maybe even the Orange) were so, so close this year.
      Last edited by Old School; 11-18-2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

In my opinion, we would not. We won a down to the wire last second victory. Missouri is playing a lot better now.
        The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

Comment

Play like we played Vandy it would be a great game and I'd like our chances. Hope we're relatively healthy for UL.

Comment

I'm not into replaying games as such. If we could we would have beaten Florida a couple-three times over the years. Would we beat Florida if we played them again? Probably given the ongoing turmoil. Missouri's offense was impressive when we played them. They score points. We were able to take advantage of their defense in winning that game. South Carolina seems to have adjusted to the lost of their star player. Ole Miss? I'm still in awe of their beast receivers with soft hands. I think we have improved over the season but depth issues in the trenches jumped out. Bohana has become a real force at NT and when he went out our run defense seemed to leave with him. Josh Allen got physically mauled on the corner and they put some big bodies on Jones. I've looked at some replays. We had players in position to make plays. Our defense was where it should have been to stop the play. Their offensive line built a wall around Fromm and with the time, he had he made good throws. Again, when Bohana went out we couldn't get a push up front. The one thing Georgia had that I haven't seen in other Georgia teams is speed. I thought we were playing against Boom Williams on several runs. It takes consistency year in and year out in recruiting to build a contender. We beat Tennessee guys. They still had 4 and 5 star players in the trenches. Now we have to see if Lamar can beat us. He's capable, but he won't physically run over us.

Comment

What does it matter? UK beat them when they played. Take the win and run with it.
              Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
                What does it matter? UK beat them when they played. Take the win and run with it.
                Just casual chatter. We’d lose a lot of conversation around here if we couldn’t post speculation and what-ifs.

Comment

The wins over USC and Mizzou look a lot better today than they did in weeks 3 and 5. Tennessee was in disarray, but they were against us as well - and Mizzou destroyed them.

Comment

Yes we beat them again. 7 out of 10 times, anyway. Just the same as it was when we played them.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Just casual chatter. We’d lose a lot of conversation around here if we couldn’t post speculation and what-ifs.
                      I don't believe that. I think it's a hail mary to try an create a negative narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by johnkyblue View Post

I don't believe that. I think it's a hail mary to try an create a negative narrative.
                        Or maybe it's a way of looking at Mizzou as a barometer for UK's success.

But let's make sure we don't harm the delicate sensibilities of some of our football fans. I forgot that we can't post anything that could be perceived as negative.

Comment

You certainly made a negative post, and intimated the narrative be, "Mizzou is better than UK now significantly". It's an attempt to lessen Kentucky Football's achievements this year. The question I have for you is why? You are consistent in what you push. Why?

Comment

UK football must some of the most sensitive fans in the world.
                            Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
                              UK football must some of the most sensitive fans in the world.
                              Why do you think that is? Could it be because people wearing UK stuff will tell you, "nah, your football team sucks!"

Comment

Would We Beat Mizzou Today?

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X