QB in the bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

I'm thinking his decision is already made and the coaches know it. That could be the reason they are after Wilson.
    I wouldn't be so quick to assume. It's just smart planning to go for at least one QB per year, regardless of the current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

I wouldn't be so quick to assume. It's just smart planning to go for at least one QB per year, regardless of the current situation.
      You could be right. We'll find out soon enough.
      John 3:3

Comment

QB position has confused me all season. I am not a sports doctor or a coach. That being said, it appeared that the starter had played hurt, a few games, when he would have benefited to have rested. That leads me to believe that the staff did not have confidence in the players that were available, not counting the red shirt kid. The Vanderbilt game was the only true blow out. Not many chances to just throw a back up in the game. If the lack of confidence is real, the urgency to get another QB for next season is as well. Would be nice to have another option. I would prefer Clark to evolve into the starter for next season, because he has a rocket arm.

Comment

Originally posted by boomdaddy View Post
          QB position has confused me all season. I am not a sports doctor or a coach. That being said, it appeared that the starter had played hurt, a few games, when he would have benefited to have rested. That leads me to believe that the staff did not have confidence in the players that were available, not counting the red shirt kid. The Vanderbilt game was the only true blow out. Not many chances to just throw a back up in the game. If the lack of confidence is real, the urgency to get another QB for next season is as well. Would be nice to have another option. I would prefer Clark to evolve into the starter for next season, because he has a rocket arm.
          Speaking of Clark, he may very well be the starter next season. If we don't sign a good JUCO, and if Hoak transfers and Drew's not up to par physically and/or confidence wise, then Clark would be in the driver's seat. Most likely Walker will end up playing another position.
          The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

Comment

Some fans still want LB to get a shot.....which to me wouldn't bode well for the kids future.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
              Some fans still want LB to get a shot.....which to me wouldn't bode well for the kids future.
              Who is LB?
              The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Who is LB?
                Lynn Bowden. He threw out a tweet asking if folks had forgotten he could play quarterback. JMO...like Cobb, his future is at receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post

Lynn Bowden. He threw out a tweet asking if folks had forgotten he could play quarterback. JMO...like Cobb, his future is at receiver.
                  Thanks, I never thought of him as a QB.

Comment

Word on one of the other boards is Barker is looking around for a place to be a graduate transfer. Might be best for him. I think Hoak is gone if we sign Wilson and Clark and Wood would be backups. Stoops wont bring in a juco guy and make him sit. I just dont understand the situation with Hoak. Did he regress or did the coaches not evaluate properly? I remember them be very happy they got him. I guarantee you he throws the ball better than Johnson. Whatever it is i would be shocked to see him stay. Stoops plays older guys first whether they are better are not lots of times but not always. we shall see.

Comment

Stoops favor winning. If Gunner is the top performer he will be the starting QB. I don't know where the talk of transferring is coming from. The new recruit at QB is always the "flavor of the month." it's just the nature of bringing in new talent. Steven Johnson didn't start but thank goodness he was there when Barker got hurt. I didn't think Steven would physically make it through the season. We need at least 3 QB's that can step in and move the offense. I don't want to end the season by starting a WR at QB. I have no problem with putting Bowden in the ring for starting QB. It's about the grind and competition. Hopefully our OL won't start this next year as slow as they started the last two years. The tapes I've seen on Wilson are impressive, but he will still have to compete. Performing in live-fire situations in the SEC is very different from the JUCO ranks. Defensive backs are bigger and faster. D linemen come at you hard and fast. Personally, I want all the QB's back next year unless they realize the competition is too tough and/or they want to drop down a level. I respect their choice regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdon View Post
                        Word on one of the other boards is Barker is looking around for a place to be a graduate transfer. Might be best for him. I think Hoak is gone if we sign Wilson and Clark and Wood would be backups. Stoops wont bring in a juco guy and make him sit. I just dont understand the situation with Hoak. Did he regress or did the coaches not evaluate properly? I remember them be very happy they got him. I guarantee you he throws the ball better than Johnson. Whatever it is i would be shocked to see him stay. Stoops plays older guys first whether they are better are not lots of times but not always. we shall see.
                        You shouldn't go to that board, then, as he's likely the starter next year.

Also, the website posted in the OP is dumb about football, and should stick to basketball.

Comment

Object is to win the game, staff obviously feels Johnson gives us best chance to do that, so he should play, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Brasslock View Post
                            [SIZE=14px] I don't know where the talk of transferring is coming from.
                            I'm pretty sure you won't find a single post in the thread stating that Hoak is going to transfer. Some of us have speculated that he may. That's what fans do when things are slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jload View Post
                              Object is to win the game, staff obviously feels Johnson gives us best chance to do that, so he should play, period.
                              I have never understood the want to play someone else at QB. The only QB's that I can think of over the last 50 years to win 14 games over 2 seasons are Derrick Ramsey, Bill Ransdell, and Andre Woodson. I sometimes think people would rather have a flashy offense than a winning one.

Comment

QB in the bowl

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X