Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘It’s full-force accountability.’ To get from good to great, UK making players earn e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘It’s full-force accountability.’ To get from good to great, UK making players earn e

Kentucky has advanced to two straight bowl games.
    It has recorded back-to-back winning seasons and finished in the top three of the Southeastern Conference standings for each of the past two seasons.
    That’s progress, but Coach Mark Stoops expects more.
    He made that clear to the Cats before and during winter conditioning and again as spring practices have started.
    There’s still a lot of work to be done
    “We’re going 100 miles an hour right now,” Stoops said last week. “It’s full-force accountability. You’d better be doing what you’re supposed to be doing 24/7.”
    More so than in years past, the Cats coach called out players by name, making it clear that they had work to do to earn more playing time this season when UK has 17 starters returning and dozens more who played significant snaps a year ago.
    “It’s really important to make those players (go) from good to great,” Stoops said, “and I think we have some good players and it’s time to get them to go to great and that’s where the details come in play.”

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/colle...204864504.html
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

This may be what it takes to move to a higher level of competition, and I'm excited about how it will pay dividends..
    John 3:3

Comment

We have world class facilities. We have a roster filled with players who had really solid offer sheets. I think we have one of the better staffs that I can remember. We've been to two bowl games in a row. Granted our SEC schedule is what it is, but it's time Stoops took us to the next(8-9 wins) level. I can't imagine a better set of circumstances than what exists right now. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
        We have world class facilities. We have a roster filled with players who had really solid offer sheets. I think we have one of the better staffs that I can remember. We've been to two bowl games in a row. Granted our SEC schedule is what it is, but it's time Stoops took us to the next(8-9 wins) level. I can't imagine a better set of circumstances than what exists right now. JMO.
        I agree. If we're going to make a move, there may never be a better time.
        Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

If only we had actually finished in the top 3 of the SEC the last 2 seasons. We'd really be on our way. But it's still progress.

Comment

Let's try going from good to really good, and then to great. Still, there's nothing wrong with skipping a step. Progress isn't always linear. If we could find a little "magic" in our QB play I would be ecstatic. The thoroughbred folks I worked with in another lifetime were always trying to catch "Lightening in a Bottle." I think Stoops is seeing more talent and depth than he's had here, and he's a bit excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
              I am hoping for a step up in play. The staff did not impress me, last season. They came out stumbling to start the season, especially on offense and the D gave the Florida game away on two plays, where the Dbacks decided a receiver should not be covered, standing by himself out in the flat.

Will putting another coach to work on the secondary help with missed assignments? I hope so. Can the offense average 10 more points a game? I hope so. This Kentucky football fan is hoping, like the rest of the fan base, that this is the year, the team takes a step forward.

Its important that they play at a high level all the time, and be able to put younger players in for game experience, instead of having to do it after an injury.

Comment

‘It’s full-force accountability.’ To get from good to great, UK making players earn e

Collapse
              Working...
              X