No announcement yet.

NCAA Rule Change Will Prohibit Schools from Blocking Student-Athlete Transfers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Rule Change Will Prohibit Schools from Blocking Student-Athlete Transfers

The NCAA is changing a rule that allows schools to block student-athletes from transferring to different programs.
    Per NCAA.org's Michelle Brutlag Hosick, the Division I Council approved a new "notification-of-transfer" rule that requires schools to enter a student who wishes to transfer into the national transfer database. At that point, coaches from other schools are free to contact the student.
    Per Hosick, starting with the upcoming 2018-19 academic year, the council also ruled athletes can play in up to four games each season without losing a season of competition.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

A coach that the player has built a relationship with can leave at any moment. If that player is willing g to sit a year he can follow that coach.
    not a bad rule at all.

Comment

I like the rule that allows a kid to play up to four games and not lose a season of eligibility. Great for kids who are redshirted but risk having it pulled because they're needed in a game.
      I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

NCAA Rule Change Will Prohibit Schools from Blocking Student-Athlete Transfers

Collapse
      Working...
      X