No announcement yet.

NCAA Rule Change Will Prohibit Schools from Blocking Student-Athlete Transfers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Rule Change Will Prohibit Schools from Blocking Student-Athlete Transfers

The NCAA is changing a rule that allows schools to block student-athletes from transferring to different programs.
    Per NCAA.org's Michelle Brutlag Hosick, the Division I Council approved a new "notification-of-transfer" rule that requires schools to enter a student who wishes to transfer into the national transfer database. At that point, coaches from other schools are free to contact the student.
    Per Hosick, starting with the upcoming 2018-19 academic year, the council also ruled athletes can play in up to four games each season without losing a season of competition.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

A coach that the player has built a relationship with can leave at any moment. If that player is willing g to sit a year he can follow that coach.
    not a bad rule at all.

Comment

I like the rule that allows a kid to play up to four games and not lose a season of eligibility. Great for kids who are redshirted but risk having it pulled because they're needed in a game.
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

NCAA Rule Change Will Prohibit Schools from Blocking Student-Athlete Transfers

Collapse
      Working...
      X