Countdown to Kickoff

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redshirts now allowed to play in four games. Here's what that could mean for UK footb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redshirts now allowed to play in four games. Here's what that could mean for UK footb

A new NCAA ruling that will allow football players to participate in up to four games in a season without losing their redshirt would’ve been especially handy for Kentucky on numerous occasions during the Mark Stoops era.
    Think about the Austin Peay game in 2016 when quarterback Stephen Johnson was hurting from a knee injury against Tennessee and Drew Barker was out with a back injury.
    At the time, freshman Gunnar Hoak looked ready to play. Coaches wanted to see what he could do, and Hoak needed the live game reps.
    Under the new ruling — announced Wednesday and going into effect this season — Hoak would have been able to play without penalty.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/colle...213105024.html
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Great rule change...

Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

This is a good rule change.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Redshirts now allowed to play in four games. Here's what that could mean for UK footb

Collapse
      Working...
      X