Practice report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice report

This was a CBSSport Kentucky football report.

Coach Stoops very disappointed in scrimmage. pre snap penalties, inconsistent play from all sectors, including the defense. Coach's comments were any good thing either the offense or defense did was because the other side was playing worse. Receivers dropping passes, quarterback play not at any solid level.
    Running backs Snell (mild calf strain) and Rose (funeral) did not participate. Concern that receivers were NOT stepping up for contested or 'difficult' catches, which lay both on the receivers and poor overall quarterback execution.
    Overall just disappointed in lack of execution AND passion.
    ......ouch. sounds like a lot of cleaning up to do.
    Asked about the conditions of coach Schlarman and Josh Paschal stated he was not at liberty to discuss either person at this time.

Here's a link to a video.

https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/vid...immage-of-camp
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

Right on cue. Tear 'em up CMS and get their minds right.

Comment

Now's the Time to do it all right....not after the first game of the season

Comment

It feels like every year we hear about how good we are all summer and then we suck in scrimmages.

If there was ever a team that shouldn’t believe their own press clippings, it’s us. FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL FOR EVERYTHING and respect, accolades, and wins will come. Stop celebrating a break out year before it happens...
          Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

One swallow does not a summer make. I understand an "off" scrimmage in the hot, humid dog days of August. I'm not a happy camper with regard to one report ... the long ball. The QB's, Hoak and Wilson, haven't been successful at throwing a deep ball that gives our receivers a chance to make a play, and that is worrisome. I saw that in the Spring game. Got to fix it. Receivers dropping balls will put me in the grave. (I'm too advanced in years for it to be an "early grave.") Got to fix it. We don't have McGinnis to bail us out during the last seconds of a game. That is worrisome. We have the talent and depth for this to be a special year. But then, "I like my team."

Comment

I like our team as well. I am optimistic about our upcoming season. Having said that, this celebrating our "arrival" as a legit SEC East contender before we have done squadouche on the field has been an ongoing feature of the last 5 years and it bothers me to no end. I see it in games too. Our home opener of a few years ago, Florida last year, UL game, etc. Games where we have some early success and it seems like the team on the sidelines thinks we have the game won in the first quarter or first half, then we lose focus or take our foot off the gas, get low when the other team comes back, poop the bed, and lose the game. (or almost lose)

Perhaps it is my imagination or I am projecting...

My best moments in my athletic career were when I thought others were better than me, but believed that if I gave my absolute best, I could/would win. (that is hard to maintain when you get a taste of success) My worst moments were, when I thought I was better than I was, gave good, less focused effort, and got my tail kicked.
              Last edited by Spiritof96; 08-15-2018, 02:49 PM.
              Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

^It's always been that way here. I remember the Curry years. One year during this time, we had our players talking smack about how they were gonna win the conference. I think it was the year we had the "black watch" defense. You had to earn a black facemask. Apparently that season we HAD to give some out due to all the talk. Let's just say the defense earned what they got.I think all that talk produced 2 wins that season.
                No man is a failure who has friends

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about the reports on scrimmage #1. Coach isn't doing his job if he comes out and says "Yep, team's playing great" after the first scrimmage. I bet there isn't a coach in the SEC that wasn't "disappointed" by the first scrimmage
                  Wish that I was on ol Rocky Top

Comment

Hey, Brother Vol. Good to hear from you. What's the expectation on Rocky Top?

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                      Hey, Brother Vol. Good to hear from you. What's the expectation on Rocky Top?
                      Oh boy.. they're all over the place. Everywhere from 4-8 to 8-4 mostly. I think I'd be happy with something in the middle for this year. Bowl game would be great I think. We may have more talent than was visible last year but I'm not putting any stock in that until I see it. A lot of folks are banking on that. I just hope it looks like we put all 11 out on defense. Might as well have been playing with 8 last year.
                      Wish that I was on ol Rocky Top

Comment

Practice report

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X