So will we be ranked this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So will we be ranked this year?

I saw an early ranking from SN and it didn't say much about our win, basically said Florida football is garbage right now. (In those actual words) So with a bit of a struggle in week 1, I would say we will not receive much love this week. We were not in the Sporting News top 25 for this week.

Originally posted by Westtncat View Post
    basically said Florida football is garbage right now. (In those actual words)
    I let out a big yell last night with the victory. I'm glad that no longer every year the pregame hype will be about the long losing streak. However I believe a little perspective is in order. No running back, wide receiver or qb reminded me of the good Florida teams from the Spurrier or Meyer years. Florida is trending in the direction TN has gone lately. The last 5 years they've gone 4-8, 7-5, 10-4, 9-4 with last year's FL team finishing 4-7. And while our 303 yards rushing (7.4 avg.) sounds really good, keep in mind that Charleston Southern rushed for 222 yds. with a 5.2 average against the Gators.

Will we be ranked? I believe we'll break into the Top 25 if we start off 5-0.

Comment

I really don't mind if we don't have a ranking till year's end. I think it fires the kids up more

Comment

The Miss St game now becomes MASSIVE. We win that game and we will be ranked. It will be a season defining game IMO, win it and we could go 10-2, lose it and a potential magical season becomes cloudy.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
          I really don't mind if we don't have a ranking till year's end. I think it fires the kids up more
          If we don't have a ranking that means we've lost all our big games.

If Kentucky isn't ranked at all this season, it's probably a 6-win year.

Comment

If they can get through to the Miss State game undefeated they should be ranked. One win over a decent Florida team doesn't really mean a ranking yet. Beating Murray obviously doesn't either. But beating Miss State will take another massive effort. Playing at home will help a lot.
            Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

I was surprised by Florida. They were better than I thought they were to he truthful. I wouldn't say they are a garbage team but that is as much a lack of respect for us than a assessment of Florida. Miss State impresses me. They are a defensive beast on the DL. It should be hard to run against them. If we can then our OL will become the new beast on the block. I'm just going to take it one game at a time. We can't look past any team. Murray is an important game for more than a few reasons. If we come out flat as a pancake we could face embarrassment. I do think we wil very likely be ranked this year.

Comment

To early to tell. A lot has to happen before we will gain respect. This weeks game will tell a lot about how we handle success.
                John 3:3

Comment

Team definitely needs to come out focused. As soon as the lead is comfortable, let the backups play
                  right now the three game killer stretch plus Georgia seem to be the season signal. Win 2 and STAY HEALTHY if could be a very special season.
                  Murray State first
                  Then worry about the dogs from Mississippi.
                  Kentucky was overwhelmed and physically dominated by Mississippi State last year.
                  I expect a different game this go round.

Comment

So Boston College is ranked but we aren't? Just gotta go prove we deserve to be ranked come Saturday. I am so jacked up for this game!
                    No man is a failure who has friends

Comment

UK got 38 votes in the last poll which would have placed them at 31. If they win Saturday they will be ranked.
                      Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Westtncat View Post
                        I saw an early ranking from SN and it didn't say much about our win, basically said Florida football is garbage right now. (In those actual words) So with a bit of a struggle in week 1, I would say we will not receive much love this week. We were not in the Sporting News top 25 for this week.
                        Florida is garbage
                        If Kentucky wins this week ..... MSU is garbage
                        Beat Carolina, They must be garbage
                        How about a win at College Station ? Oh well, Guess that wasn't much problem to beat that garbage A & M team (Jimbo just didn't have time yet)

If UK pulled off an upset of UGA (some think they are the second best in SEC), Would they then be garbage too ??

Florida isn't Spurrier's Florida but they have athletes and talent
                        Tired of hearing all the experts (jackasses) on the college football shows always selling it short when Kentucky wins

Vandy is apparently one of the baddest dogs on the block because they kept it close at Notre Dame, So did Ball State

Some can't seem to accept Kentucky football is better, much better than it has been

Comment

I don't think we will be ranked until the end of the year. I think we lose Saturday, beat USC, then lose to the Aggies. If we then finish the season 5-1 with the loss to Georgia I think we will break in either the last week or after beating Louisville.

Comment

Going to 3-0 by way of Murray State wasn't going to get Kentucky into the top 25. A win against Mississippi State this weekend would. It would then take a win against South Carolina to stay ranked. A 5-1 Kentucky team would be ranked unless its loss was by a lopsided margin, because that would mean wins against 3 out of 4 of Mississippi State, South Carolina, Texas A&M and Florida. 4-2 likely won't cut it unless it's a loss to MSU followed by wins against South Carolina and at Texas A&M. A 6-2 record going into the Georgia game would probably see Kentucky ranked. 7-3 after winning at Tennessee would put UK in the rankings; 6-4 probably would not.

Being ranked at year's end would mean much more than being ranked after Week 4.

Comment

Once the guys put together 4 quarters Saturday against Miss St. we will be ranked!!! Got to be the meanest men in the Green Ring Saturday. Win the fight one hay-maker after another. Put Fitz on the ground hard and often behind the line of scrimmage.

Man that would be fun. Just hoping we have 1 more great play than they do and end up on the right side of the score. GO BIG BLUE!!!!
                              Proverbs 25:24

Comment

So will we be ranked this year?

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X