Mark Stoops pay raise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40bill View Post

It will die down a bit. All teams lose. Just football. Even Saban has some Ls on his resume.

Coach has given no indication he wants to leave, and Mitch B certainly has given no hint he wants to go looking.

Bad play calling and bad execution don't take away from the fact that six , seven years ago the program was in a shape we lost in overtime....to WKU.

Program has come a long way.
    Tell em Bill. On to some rest and being proud of a defense that played lights out last night. Holding any SEC team to 20, in OT, is impressive.
    John 3:3

Comment

There is some irony in this thread, some mention it's too soon to pay him as a top 15 coach yet in the same thread use one game as the barometer too.

The direction of this team is rising, they have yet to clear the final hurdle (Sec recruiting) but that's the most difficult for a non traditional football to conquer.

They will not be favored in only one more game from here on out.

Comment

And he proves last night why he does not need any type of raise or extension. Jeez.

Comment

Granted after a days reflection it IS good to be 5-1. We ARE much better than I anticipated. The state of the program IS better than it has been in over a decade. We should enter the UGA game 7-1and a victory would put us in the SEC championship game ( provided we beat UT, NEVER a given). I would like to see us play for an SEC title once in my life, and we were always gonna have to beat UGA to get there. There is no margin of error now and our staff is going to have to figure it out. First what’s wrong with the offense and second how do we fix it. I do not believe our staff sees the problem in the same light as many of our fans but they are the ones paid to manage it so let’s see what we do. We have finished half of our season at 5-1. I would bet we will not finish the last 6 with the same record if we don’t figure out how to get our QB moving the offense. On defense we are as solid as I have seen since the 70’s. If Stoops and Gran would show just a spark of imagination and not be so conservative we could still have a program changing year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jload View Post
            Granted after a days reflection it IS good to be 5-1. We ARE much better than I anticipated. The state of the program IS better than it has been in over a decade. We should enter the UGA game 7-1and a victory would put us in the SEC championship game ( provided we beat UT, NEVER a given). I would like to see us play for an SEC title once in my life, and we were always gonna have to beat UGA to get there. There is no margin of error now and our staff is going to have to figure it out. First what’s wrong with the offense and second how do we fix it. I do not believe our staff sees the problem in the same light as many of our fans but they are the ones paid to manage it so let’s see what we do. We have finished half of our season at 5-1. I would bet we will not finish the last 6 with the same record if we don’t figure out how to get our QB moving the offense. On defense we are as solid as I have seen since the 70’s. If Stoops and Gran would show just a spark of imagination and not be so conservative we could still have a program changing year.
            Counterpoint: showing imagination cost us like 15 yards and a sack in OT Saturday night.
            "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdon View Post
              And he proves last night why he does not need any type of raise or extension. Jeez.
              Why? Because we lost one game in OT in one of the toughest places to play in the SEC? Jeez.

Stoops and this staff frustrate me because of the stupidity that gets put on the field sometimes, but I'd rather have him than see him go to another program.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdon View Post
                Yes, he is only poised to become the most successful UK Football coach in my lifetime (and so far not on probation for it) and who might we get that would be better? Scott Frost? Willie Taggart?
                Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Jload View Post
                  So we lost a game and now we won't/can't have a program changing year?

That's just silly.

Comment

A lot of football left to play and the offense is regressing, not improving. If you believe we will continue to have the same success in the second half with that trajectory I guess time will tell. We have IMO the 2nd best defense in the SEC and with just a little more offense could go 10-2. If we don’t figure out things on the offensive side of the ball we WILL lose more than one of the next six games, in my mind at least this team had the potential to go 11-1 or with a few breaks even have run the table, until Alabama. We could still reach the unimaginable heights of the SEC Championship game but if our staff doesn’t figure out the offense it will not happen. THAT would be squandering an opportunity that might not happen again in our lifetimes.

Comment

Maybe he will need a pay raise to help out big brother who got fired over the weekend at Oklahoma?

https://collegefootball.ap.org/harla...or-mike-stoops
                      Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Yes, he is only poised to become the most successful UK Football coach in my lifetime (and so far not on probation for it) and who might we get that would be better? Scott Frost? Willie Taggart?
                        I support Stoops, but in this hypothetical scenario my first call would be to Neal Brown.

Comment

Gran/Stoops got imaginative Saturday night in OT by not giving it to Benny and we lost like 10 yards on the play.

I don't want them to be imaginative, I want them to be smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

I support Stoops, but in this hypothetical scenario my first call would be to Neal Brown.
                            Sure. I would give him a look too. But for all of the swing and misses with UK coaching hires over the years, to think that some other name is going to come in and continue or improve upon what Stoops has done seems like folly. Taggart and Frost are good coaches and at schools with better tradition than ours and they suck right now they may get it going, but it is rare that a coaching change yields immediate improvement on the field. FSU was down last year but there is no reason for them to be this bad under a new coach.

Comment

While not on the same planet, so to speak, I've been in CS's shoes. When I was manager of the Kentucky Bourbons and the other team got on a hitting streak, I would call time and go talk to my pitcher and maybe the infielders. I would make a decision to either change pitchers or not. Then, if the next hitter hit a pop up or weak fly ball, I made a good decision, But if he hit a home run, I was a dufus, and the fans and sports writers would say so. If A&M had blown coverage, or their DL had been blocked and that play worked, we would be talking much differently ever since Saturday.
                              John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                                While not on the same planet, so to speak, I've been in CS's shoes. When I was manager of the Kentucky Bourbons and the other team got on a hitting streak, I would call time and go talk to my pitcher and maybe the infielders. I would make a decision to either change pitchers or not. Then, if the next hitter hit a pop up or weak fly ball, I made a good decision, But if he hit a home run, I was a dufus, and the fans and sports writers would say so. If A&M had blown coverage, or their DL had been blocked and that play worked, we would be talking much differently ever since Saturday.
                                I don't mind the call. Had the wildcat been stuffed I would have been complaining that everyone in the stadium knew what we were going to do.

Comment

Mark Stoops pay raise?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X