Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick reminder about Vandy

We seldom (last year not included) play our best against them
    Those kids will be playing to salvage a season, keep bowl hopes alive, and possibly save Mason's job.
    That coach is or was one of the better defensive minds in the game.

Best jump on them early and keep the hammer down. Don't want to stub a toe now
    ive seldom seen our kids play well after the break.

Been to too many games where we lost. This year does not need to be one of them. They should be mad and want to redeem themselves. GO CATS!!!

Comment

Thank you for bringing up our next game. VU can definitely play defense if everyone is healthy. They showed that at Notre Dame. They can also score some points. We really need to win this game. They have beat us before and if we sleep on them ... We better be ready to play.

Comment

Big week. Vandy plays a rejuvenated Florida. Tennessee plays Auburn coming off a loss. Georgia plays surprising LSU, also coming off a loss. Missouri takes their air show into Alabama....we might see two of the top quarterbacks in the nation, much less the SEC. Texas A&M goes on the road to South Carolina...and who knows who the Gamecocks quarterback will be.

Cats need to heal, but 'rest' is doubtful. Mark Stoops crew HAS to come out of this break fresh and refocused. If as in years past we see lackadaisical effort against a Vandy team that had Notre Dame dead beat at Notre Dame, palms will get sweaty.

Comment

Vandy has looked better than expected at times and awful at times. We need to come out loaded for bear as if it were UGA. Crush them early and stay on them until the clock reads 00. This is not a year to overlook the maritime nerds.
          Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
            Vandy has looked better than expected at times and awful at times. We need to come out loaded for bear as if it were UGA. Crush them early and stay on them until the clock reads 00. This is not a year to overlook the maritime nerds.
            The Maritime Nerds is gonna be my band name.
            "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

Comment

Amazing how much better the SEC has gotten from top to bottom. Who's the worst team in the SEC - Ole Miss? Arkansas? Tennessee? (lol). Amazing how what used to be the gimme game is now a threat.

Comment

The thing I'm afraid of about this game is that UK has a history of doing a clunker of a game about this time every season. I hope not but you can't help but think its coming.

Also if you hadn't seen it, the game will be at 7:30 next Saturday and will be on the SEC Network.
                Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
                  The thing I'm afraid of about this game is that UK has a history of doing a clunker of a game about this time every season. I hope not but you can't help but think its coming.

Also if you hadn't seen it, the game will be at 7:30 next Saturday and will be on the SEC Network.
                  How do Stoops' teams usually come out of a bye week? I'm too lazy to look it up but it's not good, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

How do Stoops' teams usually come out of a bye week? I'm too lazy to look it up but it's not good, is it?
                    No, not good.
                    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

Looking in WIKI and the schedules under Stoops they are 2-4 after coming off bye weeks. Most times they were playing Miss State after a bye. Last year they beat them but in previous years they lost and badly most of the time. Every year is different so we will see what happens in 2018.
                      Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Looking in WIKI and the schedules under Stoops they are 2-4 after coming off bye weeks. Most times they were playing Miss State after a bye. Last year they beat them but in previous years they lost and badly most of the time. Every year is different so we will see what happens in 2018.
                        Didn't they get destroyed against Miss St last year?

Comment

^
                          Yeah I think it was the year before last.

Comment

This is Stoops 6th year so they can't be 2-4. I believe they are 2-3 but that doesn't matter. Nothing that happened before this year matters. This team has no semblance to any UK team since 1977. This is a legit top 20 team, maybe even top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by RV View Post

This is Stoops 6th year so they can't be 2-4. I believe they are 2-3 but that doesn't matter. Nothing that happened before this year matters. This team has no semblance to any UK team since 1977. This is a legit top 20 team, maybe even top 15.
                              It looked like in Stoops first year they had two bye dates. That's the reason there are six games. But WIKI could be wrong. I did qualify my statement as every year is different. I hope this one is but I do know UK football history. I am waiting to see what happens and I won't get my hopes up too much until a good or great season actually happens.
                              Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Quick reminder about Vandy

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X